“Good Value-Nice Rooms”

Ranked #546 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Value-Nice Rooms”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

They are putting money into this hotel. The rooms were 89£ (pounds). They had redone the lobby, they were doing the brick driveway, and the room I stayed in 217 looked brand new. The breakfast was included and was standard english breakfast. It was quiet. Parking is a bit tight, but at no additional charge. It is outside the city, but half the city cost or less. I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Haven
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Simply, this hotel was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I have traveled world-wide for years and have stayed at many Best Western hotels with very good experiences. Thus, this review should not reflect on Best Western in general. First, the web site indicated that the motel was a 10 minute walk from the tube station. Actually, it was 30 minutes. When I arrived at the hotel they had difficulty finding my reservation. There was no restaurant within a 30 minute or more walk. The staff could not make change for me to take the bus to a restaurant or to get a candy bar and Coke from a vending machine. But they did invite me to breakfast the next morning. When I returned to the hotel the second night after sight seeing there was only one set of towels. The staff was very reluctant to deliver a second set obviously believing I was trying to steal a set. The next morning I returned for breakfast was was informed that I could not have breakfast because it wasn't included in my rate. The staff was very rude, uncooperative and very customer unfriendly. NEVER stay at this hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank Chuck52310

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

UK
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Rooms very nice & clean but food absolutely terrible!!! Reheated pre packed and very poor! Food cold in middle and frazzled around the edges - I was assured that it was not microwaved but I beg to differ, problems with shower drainage & bad smell of drains in corridors. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank welltravelled1970
PalmHotelLondon, General Manager at Best Western Palm Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
Thank you very much for your response, I wholly welcome indiviual comments.

I willing to discuss this once again on your up and coming trip to the hotel.

Kind Regards

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I've been using this hotel for a couple of years as I find it ideally located for events in Wembley. In this time it's under gone an extensive refurbishment project and the results are great. Sure, it's not the Ritz - but the rates reflect that.
The rooms are of an excellent standard & the staff are very helpful, plus the car parking is very handy if you chose to drive into London.
All in all I'd happily recommend the Palm to anyone on a limited budget as I don't think you'd get better for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SEM136
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Hotel accommodation poor value for your money. 3 out of 4 lights didn't work and the sockets were worse.
Reception slow as only 1 person working on it trying to deal with a coach load of German tourists and others staying there.
The quilts on the bed were far too small and kept falling off. No extra blankets readily available as I would have expected for a supposedly 3 star hotel. Maybe 1 star would be more realistic.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2011
5 Thank laurapink12345
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We stayed as a friends funeral was taking place nearby. I found this place on the internet and the pictures and reviews looked good. Unfortunately we had a few problems, the place is just about finished after a complete refurb and so looks fantastic. However we had issues like lamps and tv's not working, bathroom doors jamming shut, windows which are sealed shut and only hot air available from the aircon. Although these aren't huge problems, and are down to snagging needing done on the refurb work, I was dissapointed. The one member of staff who seemed to be doing everything while we were there was helpful enough, but he couldn't fix everything for us. All in all I was disappointed as I hadn't paid a particularly price for the hotel and had been charged £35 for asking for an extra 2 hours on checkout to allow us to arrive at the funeral on time.

On check out we were too focussed on the funeral to go through all our gripes so I decided to email when I got home. This is where I have to say that I was mightily impressed with the managers response. The response was almost instant offering me an apology and a number of options to make up for my problems. I was very happy with how the matter was resolved and can only praise this kind of fantastic customer service.

On reflection I can say that I hope all the snags with the refurb will be picked up quickly, which will mean that this hotel will be a very attractive prospect. And well done management, I know a lot of 'top end' places that could learn a few lessons from your excellent after sales service!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dunblane, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Dual carriage way the Hotel is on is very busy and the nearest underground is 15min walk away, but we stayed in the refurbished wing - room 211 - and it was really nice - air conditioned - shower was great - hot and some force, room was really nice though and we only paid £80 per night for the two of us. Pretty good price thru booking.com.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple