“Excellent!”

Ranked #286 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

I had a lovely nights stay, the rooms were immaculate and beautifully designed lots of nice scatter cushions! It actually felt like a very expensive place to stay

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

The first night in the hotel we found our room rather warm at 76 degrees Fahrenheit. The hotel staff checked it in the evening said it was broken and would be fixed the next day. So we opened the window and lived with street noise. The hotel sort of fixed it the next day. While the system did cool it also gurgled and made noises intermittently throughout the night which made a peaceful night of sleep difficult. Although nicely appointed, the room was smaller than we expected - perhaps our expectations were too high (just a foot wider would have been nice). The bed was on the short side - feet hung off the end. The location was good because it was central London - but then there are lots of hotels in central London this can be said for.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Brighton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

So, the hotel looks nice and has just been re-decorated, you could still smell the paint in reception which was no problem at all.

The hotel is located on a beautiful and quiet road, its just a shame that the rest of the hotel is not so quiet. I have never heard air conditioning pipes make so much noise. The noise was so loud that it affected our sleep all night.

As for the beds, the smallest I have ever slept in, my partner at 5'8 had their legs hanging off the end of the bed, imagine what it was like for me just over 6'.

There are definitely better hotels you can stay in for the price

1 Thank jagc
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Beauchamp on the 21st December 2010 for 1 night. Several of my colleagues and their partners also stayed at the hotel. The hotel is in a great location, just of Russell Square and is a great place to stay. The reception were very friendly, however they did get slightly confused with all of us overexcited people talking at once, which you can't really blame them for. The room was beautiful, all be it a little small, as was the shower room. We had an independent delivered in the morning free of charge which was good. Cooked breakfast was included in the price however I didn't rate it very much, that could have just been my hangover though. Check out was easy and I would definately stay again.

Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

This hotel does not deserve its 4 stars hotel. It is managed carelessly by a rude staff who look upon its clients. But worse than that, it hoaxes customers forcing them to pay for breakfasts that were initially included when checking in. Let me tell you how they achieve this and you'll get an idea of the rampant corruption!
We arrived at the hotel around 11.30 am. We checked in and were told that all breakfasts were included in our package. Our voucher stipulated that 3 breakfasts out of 5 were included. The following day, we head very cheerfully towards our breakfast table. The waiter arrives and asks us which breakfast we want to have, continental or British. I tell him "the continental breakfast is included in our offer tomorrow and the 2 following days and the receptionist told us that today it was also free. Could you check with her?" He returns and says "Yeah, everyting is included in your offer". The next day, we waiter comes back to my table and asks me to pay for two breakfasts. He had the machine for the credit card in hand and would not let me leave the table or discuss the matter with the receptionist. He made a fuss around the breakfast tables, it was very rude of him. I told him that the day before he said that it was all free and he answers back "yeah, it was a mistake but now you have to pay." I goes to reception and tell the woman in charge when we checked in that she clearly stated that all breakfasts were included. She blatantly lies and answers "I never said that to you" I tell them that I am willing to pay for one breakfast but not for today's breakfast since the voucher shows with a little cross that it is free. She tells me "the website is a little confusing, your offer starts tomorrow, you have to pay for today." I try to get another explanation insisting that it is not written on my voucher, in fact, it is written everything contrary to that. The waiter follows me arguing in the lobby. Sick of it, I decide to pay and sign the bill. When checking out, I hoped for a commercial gesture to make up for what could have been a misunderstanding. Nothing came: THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE HOAX! You're lured into having breakfast when receptionist and waiter tell us that they are free and then you're forced to pay -even for one of the breakfasts that appears to be free on the voucher.
Plus, corridors were very dirty, food was left in the corridor, room service seemed to forget to clean after the meal delivered was eventually eaten. I told reception that two pieces of furniture were broken in my room (bedlamp + Trash in the bathroom), They were never fixed. We stayed there a week.
It was a terrific wwek in London spoiled by this awful exeprience at the Beauchamp hotel!

3 Thank happycouple85
East Anglia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2010

Spent one night in the hotel following a trip to the Opera. 10-15 minutes walk from Covent Garden and in a quiet spot so a good nights sleep, especially with the heavy drapes and blackout curtains.
Clean and comfortable rooms with lots of space (we upgraded to a larger room). Friendly and helpful staff and a good choice at breakfast.
Got a very good deal as a last minute booking and would definitely stay there again

1 Thank harvesthome
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

I stayed here on a Tuesday night for a business visit. The rooms are very clean and stylish and the breakfast was a reasonably good buffet. It would have been nice to have fresh juice and ground coffee though. After a conference discount, the hotel still cost £ 200 which I thought was excessive.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business