“Beautiful rooms but overpriced”

Grange Beauchamp Hotel
Ranked #300 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beautiful rooms but overpriced”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I stayed here on a Tuesday night for a business visit. The rooms are very clean and stylish and the breakfast was a reasonably good buffet. It would have been nice to have fresh juice and ground coffee though. After a conference discount, the hotel still cost £ 200 which I thought was excessive.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2010

My husband and I ended up at The Beauchamp because we missed our train to Paris and wanted to book something close to St. Pancras so we could get an early train out in the morning. We got a rate of 125GBP, which I think was appropriate for the quality of the hotel.

The Beachamp is a cute boutique hotel, but a bit too small for me. Tiny elevators, and teeny-tiny rooms. I think the lobby was supposed to be set up as a lounge so you could order drinks and relax, but in reality it feels more like a waiting room.

The worst thing about the hotel was that the rooms are seriously crooked. The floors sloped severly, which made you feel like you were in a fun house. The rooms themselves had comfy beds, were clean and well-appointed, but we couldn't get over how small they were, and how out of square.

I would recommend this hotel if you get a good rate, and need to be in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jjhrtraveler
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Very good rooms, very good breakfast, very good location, very good price, a touch of class.

• Stayed August 2010
Manchester
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I stayed here 16/10/10 on a visit to London. The trip was a suprise for my partner and I had to contact the hotel the day before check in to make a few arrangments. The staff were extremely helpful in fulfilling my requests. Upon check in we were given an upgrade, this really made our stay. The staff are very friendly and are happy to help at all times. The rooms are decorated nicely and the beds are comfy. We stayed in a room facing the street and slept soundly. Continental breakfast is more than a enough with lots of choice, staff are yet again friendly and helpful. All in all a perfect retreat after a hard days sightseeing.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We stayed at The Beauchamp for 5 nights. They were very accomodating by giving us a room when we arrived early, but the room was in the basement and directly UNDER the front desk. So we awakened EARLY in the morning to the clomping of feet above us. A move to another room was the ticket. The place is really lovely. HOWEVER... on our next-to-the-last night there, the door to the room next door slammed again and again. I finally opened the door at 7AM to find a hotel employee with a vaccum... cleaning the room for a business meeting at 9AM. They apparently had to move the beds out of the room, hence the slamming doors. It is just awful to find a hotel that puts profit WAY above the comfort of their guests. I complained to the hotel manager to no avail. There were no apologies. Only an offer to move us to another room for our final night,. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. Please, do yourself a favor and stay far, far away.

• Stayed September 2010
West Sussex, England
Reviewed September 20, 2010

The hotel’s location is excellent - in a quiet street close to the British Museum, but only a 15-20 minute walk to the bright lights and the shops. (The bus from the stop opposite the hotel will take you the length of Oxford Street.)

We paid for an Executive Double and got a large room with two king size beds and a good bathroom, overlooking the quiet gardens at the back of the hotel. A wander around showed that there were quite a few rooms at basement level, so it would be a good idea to check room location when booking. The room was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated in a modern style. There was also tea/coffee and a kettle and a couple of comfortable armchairs. A complimentary newspaper (The Independent) was included.

The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times.

Continental breakfast was included in our rate and was quite nice, but not worth the £17 charge if you are staying room only (£23 for a cooked breakfast). There were plenty of places close by, however, where breakfast could be found at reasonable rates.

We found the Sir John Soane museum nearby to be well worth a visit. About 10 minutes walk away it is full of interesting curiosities and entrance is free. The staff would be able to give directions.

Overall, we were very pleased with this hotel and would definitely stay again..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 16, 2010

The location could not be better, near 3 tube stops and right around the corner from the British Museum. The hotel has clearly been recently remodeled, very nice new and modern. My room had a double bed, which was great, but it was a tight squeeze between the bed and the wall to walk to the other side of the room. That didn't bother me, though. Bed was very comfy and loved the flat screen tv. The bathroom was very spacious and had a tub! I got a great deal for this hotel, which made it even better. My room faced the street, which had some car noise. That doesn't bother me at all but if you need absolute silence I would request a room with a garden view. Breakfast was your standard continental fare which I'm always keeps me happy. Staff was friendly and helpful when I needed it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo