All reviews british museum russell square quiet street continental breakfast bedford place covent garden upgraded to a junior suite within walking distance two double beds the lower ground floor lovely hotel holborn tube station cold meats an upgrade boiled eggs room rate minute walk
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2019

The room itself was great but the entire experience was soured by the terrible service received. Paid for late check out as well as petals in the bath tub only to not be able to have a bath or shower in the morning or make use of the late check out.

Went to shower only to have the water smell like chlorine and stop running after a couple of minutes. Reception did not know why and sent someone up after 20 minutes of me waiting. Only to check the tap to see if it was faulty and concluded it was not working. They asked me to wait for a bit to see if it would work, over 30 minutes later the cleaner came up to tell me that they were cleaning the water so all taps would be off for an unknown amount of time and that I would not be able to shower.

I was offered the chance to use the shower in a partner hotel, but at this point I did not have time. I was not offered a refund on my late checkout nor on the petals for the bath I did not get to use and had to go to work smelling like chlorine.

Definitely my worst birthday experience ever.

Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank livilayo
123Grange, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Beauchamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to write your review.We regret that your expectations were not entirely satisfied on this occasion and that you had less than a satisfactory experience during your stay due to an unforeseen maintenance issue.We informed all our in-house guests by calling them and give them alternative option of using bathroom facility in our sister property. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience which may have been caused.
We highly value your patronage and genuinely hope you will afford us the opportunity look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

We needed a triple so I reserved a room with 2Q beds. Room 015 spacious!! Clean, modern, but a view of the garbage cans and laundry storage which was just below street level. Our room was lower ground. Loud as garbage is picked up before 7AM BOTH days we were there. We were offered the upgrade to Junior exec suite and it was much nicer but I wanted to make sure our daughter had a bed and not a pullout as this was the last leg of our trip so we kept the room with the bad view without knowing how loud the noise would be in the early morning. A few other negatives were the desk chair was really torn up, the leather on the seat was "peeling". One of our windows had a large crack in the middle, the windows did not open, and the small garbage can in the bathroom would not open when you used the foot pedal as it would tip over so you had to actually use your hands(gross) to open the garbage can.
The good stuff: The young staff were very professional and courteous. The location of this hotel is between 2 underground stations, Russell and Holborn. And on the backside of the British Museum, very convenient. It was located in a quiet neighborhood and we felt very safe. One of the staff mentioned that when the management comes in and stays they take the executive suite...I personally think they should take Room 015 so they can see and experience for themselves and maybe put in a request to replace window and chair...

Room tip: Ask for a room with a garden view
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Drkellyhall
123Grange, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Beauchamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Grange Beauchamp Hotel London. While it is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay overall and generally find the hotel to live up to the expected standard, I am sorry to hear you have found certain elements marred your stay and whilst I cannot turn back the clock I would like to take this opportunity to extend my personal apologies. I sincerely hope that we will get the opportunity to redeem ourselves and that we will have a chance to welcome you back at the Hotel London in the nearest future.

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

Stayed overnight due to reviews saying nice area and great recommendations.
The hotel is in a quiet area but near to tube stations and around the corner from the British museum. Great base and felt very safe. Sainsbury nearby and coffee shops etc.
Staff were friendly and helpful on reception, we checked in early as the room was ready, bonus.
We left our suitcase the next day after checking out whilst we visited more sites and on return we were asked if we would like some water which was great fully received, thank you.
The only complaint was the early morning smoke alarm evacuation due to steam from a shower we were told! Member of staff didn't inform us what was happening or check everyone was out so glad it was a false alarm! . Shame it spoilt it a little, but I would definitely stay again regardless.... it was lovely hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jollies14
123Grange, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Beauchamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Grange Beauchamp Hotel London, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay very much.
It is wonderful to know that you found our staff to offer a great service in a friendly and professional way. Thank you also for highlighting that you enjoyed the central and convenient location of the hotel.
In regards to the fire alarm I understand it is very frustrating however, I trust you appreciate that the safety of our guests is our priority and when the fire alarm is activated we have to act immediately and follow the emergency procedures to ensure safety of all our guests and the hotel staff. I apologise for any inconvenience and embarrassment which may have been caused.
We appreciate your feedback that each detail has been thought about and will share your comments with the team.
We very much look forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for night for weekend had 2 lovely rooms good polite helpful staff, great location for exploring close to Holborn tube station which is good for all main attractions.
Room very clean comfy and quiet

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank miketC6571OL
123Grange, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Beauchamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review following your recent stay at the Grange Beauchamp Hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed all the benefits of our superb location and room. It is always a pleasure knowing that our guests are satisfied with our services and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2019

Great location - just round the corner from the British Museum. Covent Garden well within walking distance. Staff friendly and helpful. Arrived early but was able to get into the room at 1pm. For a 'Superior Double Room' it was not spacious and the bathroom was quite dated. Bed was very comfortable and there was air con in the room. The continental breakfast was decidedly average, but there was no problem getting a table and the service was good. With only 47 rooms, there was never a problem having to wait for the lift. For Central London I think you would struggle to find anything better for the price. Would I stay again? Possibly.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank GaryEnt
123Grange, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Beauchamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback and experience following your recent stay at Grange Beauchamp hotel.

We are happy to hear that you found the staff were friendly and the location of our hotel convenient. However, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the other issues you have highlighted. We have shared your comments thoroughly to the relevant departments for continuous improvements.

We do hope that we would have the pleasure of having you back at the hotel in the future.