“Great hotel but bed too small!”

Grange Beauchamp Hotel
Ranked #352 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel was very well located, easy to walk to from Kings Cross and the West End. The rooms were very clean, modern and comfortable with nice touches such as a paper in the morning and the beds being turned down at night. The only disappointment was we booked a room with a queen bed which everywhere else is a 6ft bed and larger than a king size but here it was a double. We queried this as assumed we had been given the wrong room and we're told that was how they described doubles. Other than that it was ideal and if you want somewhere quiet and comfortable to stay then this is the place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Thanks for making this a really memorable stay for watching my daughter in the Marathon. The hotel gave us an upgrade to a suite which meant we could invite our family back after the Marathon. The room was super, very quiet , tastefully furnished and very clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a very good location near Russell Square Station and in easy walking distance to Oxford Street . We walked everywhere over the weekend. The staff were very friendly and helpful really can't fault our stay. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: room 102 is very spacious and bright at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My room was on the 2nd floor, at the front - it wasn't too noisy, the room was spotlessly clean the slippers and chocolate a nice touch, as we're the free toiletries and morning newspaper. The bed was really comfy, and I had an excellent nights sleep. The staff were always polite, and if I had to note any negatives, then I'd have to say the shower controls were awful! (hardly a big deal), and twice out of the three mornings, I was never asked if I would like a cooked breakfast... Having said that, the continental selection was good. I would certainly stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2014

First let me say that the location is quite good. Our 2 Queen basement room was large, as was the bathroom. However, considering the price we paid for an off season stay, I could not believe we had to pay for WiFi and the breakfast was expensive!! Shortly after checking in we had an unpleasent experience with trying to use the room phone, and the desk staff was more aggravating than helpful. This is in contrast to the nice, competent woman that checked us out a few days later.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I wish I could have given this hotel a full point score as it’s ideally located, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. Our room had two queen beds and lots of space and both bedroom and bathroom were thoughtfully equipped and laid out.

My reason for a less than perfect score is the fact that it charges for internet use: £5.00 per hour or £10.00 per day. I’m sorry, but this is simply greedy and unreasonable and the more travellers who make their views plain on this the better.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights whilst down on a buisness trip. The position is superb and the quality of the hotel is excellent. Not sure how long it's been since it was "done up" but it looked lovely and had been sympathetic to the age of the building.

The room wasn't huge but had eveything you needed plus opening sash windows! lovely. I didn't have the chance to eat here but if it's anything like the breakfasts - where the service was subtley very good and the choice just large enough - you won't be dissapointed.

It wasn't cheap but then the company were paying for it. But for a small boutique hotel right in the heart of London, I could not fault the place and will stay here again.

Room Tip: It's a terraced location so it's overlooking a quiet street or the small private comunal gar...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2014

A small hotel but what's not to like about it when you get great value and service and all you're looking for is somewhere fairly central to lay your head down for the night. Staff we're very attentive and they upgraded me to a nice room on the 3rd floor at the back, so very little nighttime street sounds. I didn't have much time to take breakfast but the continental looked ok, if a bit tinned grapefruit and orangey!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo