“Great hotel”

Grange Beauchamp Hotel
Ranked #304 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great hotel, great staff. Good food. Huge room (room 3) with couch and two double beds not that I needed it as I was travelling solo. The room was booked by a company I was lecturing for and I think they paid £150 a night as they have an account with the hotel. I thought that this was good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Grange Beauchamp Hotel

Reviewed October 14, 2013

fantastic location near the british museum and Holborn station. Room 204 is amazingly a decent size room in London with a large ensure. No separate shower - its over bath. Beautiful outlook over internal garden. Annoying they charge for internet but apart from that can recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John M
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was looking for a well priced 4-star hotel in a central area in London. The Beauchamp came up in the search results: central location near Russell Square, the reviews were fine and the price was good, so I booked it. And I wasn't disappointed and I will stay here again. In fact I have stayed at a few places around this area and was never totally satisfied, but here was different. 5 mins walk from Russell Square station (or 12 mins from Holborn) in a quiet, clean street. I was greeted nicely and upgraded to an Executive room which was more than adequate. There was plenty of space to move around, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The room was just perfect and the staff always friendly.

The price did not include breakfast, which was £19 for an English cooked breakfast. I did not try it, instead opting for a local cafe.

All-in-all an excellent hotel in a quiet, convenient part of London. And the price was very right.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AstroSwiss
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I usually book this hotel when I am in London for business and I can’t fault it. The staff have always been very helpful whenever I have asked them for anything. I have been upgraded a few times when the hotel is less busy. I once had a problem with “noisy neighbours” and I was moved without a grumble.

It’s central for my needs and is within walking distance of the tube station, short cab ride to train station.

Rooms are always spotless and tastefully decorated.

The breakfast is very expensive for what you get and I only have it because my employer insists upon it. Head over the road, a lot cheaper.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marnie C
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Booked thro' lastminute as one of their "Hidden Hotels'. The hotel rang me to ensure me that I was coming, i like this, it gives you confidence. I checked in late (11.00pm) staff were polite, checkin was quick. Was upgraded to Junior Suite, please let this happen more often.

Room was probably the largest I have stayed in in London, great facilities, clean, big bed, lots of cushions, chairs and sofas around, trouser press. Just what I wanted. Will happily go there again. Would well recommend.
Good selection of toiletries, nice big bathroom, great shower.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed for three days prior to a cruise. The room was reasonable priced and included breakfast. We arrived early in the morning after a trans Atlantic flight. The staff checked our bags and checked out passports in the office while we went to the British Museum two blocks away.
We requested a room not in the basement and were given on on the second floor overlooking the street. The room is small. There is no dresser or anywhere to unpack your cases so you live out of your cases. Room has a desk and chair but beware, the chair is on rollers and moves too easily. The only way to watch TV is from the bed. Bathroom is fine with shower and tub.
Included continental breakfast included cereals, fruit, meat, smoked fish and hard boiled eggs. Nice to have but I would not pay 17 pounds for it. When we were leaving early the last morning before breakfast was served the restaurant provided a breakfast to go including a pastry, fruit and coffee. A nice gesture.

Staff is very helpful. They provided maps and helped with directions.

Room Tip: Request a room NOT in the basement. Prepaying the room will save you 15%
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barheat
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

One night stay booked via my work. Excellent location near Euston but in a quiet street off main roads. Room very clean and newly refurbished. All staff polite and helpful. My only gripe would be that housekeeping came into my room when I clearly had't checked out . Room service food good and delivered quickly. Breakfast excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013