“a mixed visit - food good, service is not”
Review of The Prince Regent

The Prince Regent
Ranked #16,383 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“a mixed visit - food good, service is not”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Ok, if you are in the neighbourhood and hungry or indeed there on a Monday night, then it is worth eating there. Really good value £11 for two courses and reasonable choice on Monday. It would be on the lower end of gastronomic pub standard. The service is poor though and inattentive, you feel as if the staff aren't listening and I had to wait a while for my main course. The men's toilets are disgusting and really gave me the creeps. So, don't go to the toilet. Order a main course and you will be ok, just.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ducking

London
“A lovely local”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Moved to Herne Hill last year and am a huge fan of this pub, great grub, decent range of guest ales and they always make us, and more importantly (given it's opposite the park) our dogs, welcome.

Would recommend for a dinner or just a few cheeky beers.

Visited September 2013
“Not exactly welcoming”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Visited on a wet Sunday around 3. Seats all taken by diners so we stood. After a while the table near us emptied so we took the seats. The waiter came over to tell us that the table was reserved. Ok, fine - we'll sit here until the new customers come, then make way. That's how it works in every single pub I've ever been in. We were told quite bluntly that we couldn't sit there, that we needed to move now. As we were moving, two women got the same treatment.

It could just have been a bad day, and the barman was friendly enough, but it definitely didn't make me want to go back.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank SimonC72
“Complacent!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Used to be a big fan and a frequent customer but I think this pub is a victim of success. The food is good and the atmosphere is good but that is more to do with the customers than the staff. The toilets are filthy, the bar staff and waiting staff are good but the manager is rude and unfriendly. It will be a while before I go again.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank SMHasson
London, United Kingdom
“Used to be great avoid”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's a shame as this you to be my local but a change in the management has really dragged this place down. The manager is rude and grumpy and walks around such a sullen face, get out of hospitality if you don't like it! They were unaccommodating when we turned up for a spot of lunch and the food is very average. Gone are the days of when they offered an interesting gastropub menu. My friends drink was collected and it was nearly half full. When we addressed the issue with staff we were offered the glass back which was now dirty from having been placed at the bottom of empty glasses, disgusting we could have been offered a replacement drink in return. I hope something here changes soon, in the meantime I'll be going elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013