“Nobody knew where it was- but worth finding”

The Hummingbird Bakery
Ranked #20 of 277 Bakeries in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Worcester
“Nobody knew where it was- but worth finding”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Called by on a wet Monday and had a very welcome hot cup of coffee and black bottom cupcake. It was my birthday so we were on a bit of a pilgrimage from the West Midlands.
We did have trouble locating the cafe and when we asked a couple of London tourist guides outside the V&A they had never heard of it!!!!

But the cupcake was delicious, moist and very chocolatey.

Only down side they sell their cookbooks at RRP which was a shame as I would have loved to purchase a couple whilst there.

• Visited September 2013

• Indonesian first
sillyhilly77
“Best Cupcakes Ever!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

If you like Cupcakes please go and try these. I'm not even a cake lover and thought their red velvet cupcakes was amazing. Really lovely!

Oslo, Norway
“A perfect treat”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Brought my 16 yr old niece to Hummingbird in South Kensington for a birthday treat. She has dreamt of visiting Hummingbird for two years and was not disappointed. Cupcakes of all kinds and a lot of cakes too. We finally agreed on three cakes, rainbow cake, american chokolate cake and a red velvet cup cake. Way too much for two people as the cake slices were huge! Luckily it was a bit expensive, otherwise we probably would have had way too much cake. Great taste and also great service. Highly recommendable!

“Cupcakes !!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great place for sweet cupcakes lovers :)
Beautiful, colorful and so tasty treats.
Everything we tried was very good.

• Visited January 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Best cupcakes in London!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Hands down I have never tasted cupcakes quite like those in Hummingbird so much so that I have now convinced myself that it doesn't get any better! Flavours that are a must try are: blackbottom and vanilla with chocolate.

A word of caution though… If you're going to be collecting these to take away (as I did a few days ago) and the weather is warm (as it has been) I'd advice against it completely…. They started to melt almost instantaneously which led to 9 of 12 of my cupcakes toppling to one side and ruining the shape.. Granted I managed to salvage a few but it became a rather messy affair.

In all, awesome cupcakes. And it you haven't been yet, you are without a shadow of a doubt missing out greatly!