“Red velvet addict”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I love their red velvet cupcakes..... so does my husband... haven't eaten inside only had take always and bought cakes from them. Staff are friendly and package everything beautifully.
Next on the list is the Black velvet cupcakes ..

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Delicious cupcakes, what more can I say. Quite expensive but beautifully packaged, worth a visit for a special treat.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm a keen baker and I've got both the Hummingbird Bakery books so a visit to the bakery was something of a pilgrimage for me. I have to say, I am somewhat biased, I was bound to love the place, simply because it's the Hummingbird Bakery, however I would say that if you really want to give your tastebuds a treat, go for one of the speciality cakes, such as the black bottom cupcake or the grasshopper cupcake. Their vanilla cupcakes aren't particularly outstanding, but their frosting is consistently delicious (I of course had to try a few!). Inside the bakery itself there isn't that much room to sit, there's room for 3 couples inside but they also have some tables outside, so if the weather's nice it's worth taking your time. Always seems to be busy and the staff are friendly and efficient. On the whole, the cakes are delicious and worth every penny, a great way to refuel and an absolute must for anyone who's tooth is as sweet as mine!

1  Thank FruitofLove
Reviewed March 30, 2013

From a cupcake specialist point of view, we thought we were in for a right treat but had nothing much to say after trying 3 cupcakes, (carrot, red velvet, vanilla chocolate) take out as place was small ( 3 couples inside max)
A little disappointed after having seen the website and photos. They Look better than they taste.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Went here for my wife's birthday and it is just amazing, cakes are incredible and worth every penny they cost. You can not possible be disappointed by this bakery. An absolute must to anyone who has a sweet tooth.