“posh coffee for posh totty”

The Hummingbird Bakery
Ranked #19 of 282 Bakeries in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Chelsea tractor driving mums doing tea and cake, its nice though , good coffee and really nice cakes , on main road but a little front area to smoke in and watch the world fly by

There are newer reviews for The Hummingbird Bakery

Reviewed February 12, 2013

As a huge fan of the Hummingbird Bakery books naturally I decided to give the bakery a try. I've been twice and on both occasions I was let down by the quality of the cakes and the slightly depressing coffee. I was well aware that the cupcakes and whoopie pies be sickly sweet as I already cut down on the sugar when making their recipes but it wasn't even that, which I wouldn't have given a poor rating for, it was more that they cakes seemed poorly made and they were compensating by whacking on a whole heap of sugary frosting. It's such a shame that the hype of the Hummingbird name doesn't quite match the quality of the goods! A cupcake and a coffee will cost just about as much as one of their cook books - do yourself a favor and invest in one of those instead.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I just love these cupcakes so much the velvelt ones which are their speciality are sooooo delicious. They are pricey but hey the cupcakes just melt in your mouth!

I love it

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Following TA, i went in search to find the hummingbird bakery famous cupcakes.
The cupcakes are very nice to look at, and you can have an afternoon tea there, if you choose to.
I find that the cupcakes were tooooo sweet for me, it was a sugar overload.
Overall, i think it's ok to try if you are in the area.

Do note, the TA map's location of the bakery is wrong!!!! it's located on the other end of old brompton road which is very near to south kensington tube station.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have the HUmmingbird Bakery-book, and was very excited coming to try their cupcakes. The cupcakes and cakes are presented beautifully at the bakery, and the cupcakes we bought looked lovely. However, when eating them, we were slightly disappointed; the taste was nice, but both cake and frosting were a bit dry, and they didn't live up to my expectations. The cupcakes were nice, but not worth 3£50.