“Really poor - avoid.”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Located on the renowned Garrick Street, near The Piazza, visit our stunning flagship store featuring a bar and caffè over two floors. It also includes a luxurious food shop with exclusively imported products on the ground floor and a delightful private dining room on the 1st floor available for private parties and functions.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Went to Carluccios one evening during a visit to London. First point - we went during the heatwave week and there was no air con. It was unbelievable warm in there and people were visible uncomfortable fanning themselves. Ordered garlic bread which was pitiful. It was dumped on our table with no explanation and looked like two thick and fairly burnt slices of toast. The garlic was visibly only in one corner of the toast so it didn't even taste of garlic. We had just about swallowed the last bit of the toast before our mains were brought over. I expect that in a place like this they keep an eye on progress with starters to avoid this mistake. I ordered a seafood pasta and my partner ordered a carbonara. The waiter sloshed my pasta as he brought it over. I was concerned to see it slosh to be honest as I thought pasta should be dry. When I started eating it there was about half an inch of water sat in the bottom of the bowl, it just hadn't been drained at all. The pasta was dull, had no sauce and about 4 pieces of various seafood. My partner got so bored of his carbonara that he swapped with me half way through just to make things more interesting. Our plates were cleaned away as we put our forks down and we felt rushed throughout. Honestly just avoid this place, there are so many nicer places in Covent Garden and we made a big mistake coming here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,641)

Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is my regular lunch spot and I can only say how great the staff is and how good is the take away menu!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We booked here for our Wedding Anniversary and told the restaurant this when we booked. When we arrived there wasn't a table prepared for us and were eventually seated downstairs. The waiters were friendly and order taken quickly. Our food arrived within minutes and once we were finished the bill was offered. This is definitely not the place to go for a relaxing meal but the food was delicious.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Sea food Linguini--4mussels 2with shut shells,acouple of squid rings 3 prawns slopped on one side of the dish.c.£14. Sardines 2only as a

starter-both overcooked HOWEVER on complaining No charge for Linguini plus large glass of wine gratis. Waitress terrific.

1  Thank Saqqajja
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I really enjoyed my Carluccio's experience. I am a big fan of Italian food, but my experiences in restaurants have always varied. I must say Carluccio's is on top of the list.

The service was excellent and the set menu was great with really cheap price.

I really recommend it to you guys!