“Lovely food reasonably priced”

Carluccio's - Covent Garden
Ranked #3,771 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Located on the renowned Garrick Street, near The Piazza, visit our stunning flagship store featuring a bar and caffè over two floors. It also includes a luxurious food shop with exclusively imported products on the ground floor and a delightful private dining room on the 1st floor available for private parties and functions.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Walked around Covent Garden and chose Carluccio's as the menu suited everyone and the price was good for London. We ate early as we were going to the theatre but the place was reasonably busy and had a good atmosphere for 5.30 on a wet Monday. The waitress was excellent, very friendly and helped us choose from the menu. The toilets are down quite a lot of stairs but there is a lift. You can also purchase wines, olives etc from the adjacent shop. The rose wine from Puglia is divine and only available from Carluccio's .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,698)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We visited this restaurant for a meal prior to the ballet. Interesting entrance stairway, and up to the restaurant, looked as if a stuck down carpet had just been ripped up! The service was friendly, my lasagna was a bit bland, and not much "ground" meat in it! A trip to the loo was an adventure down several flights of stairs (and back up!) so not for the less able.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

What a treat to find an extensive gluten free menu in an Italian restaurant. My dinner was good, I won't say excellent, but the GF pasta was perfect (Farma brand). I think they could work on the pasta sauce so it doesn't taste like it's from a jar. My husband had a meal from the regular menu and was very pleased. Our waiter was attentive and personable. The restaurant is clean and bright. Nice selection of wine and spirits. One cocktail, one glass of wine, 2 meals, 1 side, and one delicious desert came to 36 pounds. Cheap by London standards. Definately recommend, especially if you're eating gluten free.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Staff are quite cold and almost judgemental. Food is average and over priced. Atmosphere downstairs (if you are deemed good enough for a table) is nice, but if you end up upstairs, its more of a McDonalds atmosphere!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My dinner at Carluccio’s was a success, in fact, all of my different experiences at Carluccio have always been a success. I took a large group of people here, and everybody enjoyed their food (including myself, and I'm Italian and kind of "picky"). The ambience was superb, we were seated upstairs, and were provided with excellent service from our two waiters (BOTH Italian, one from the island of Sardinia). I would definitely go back, and also bring large groups again.
P.S. Save room for "Tiramisu", it's divine, done the way it should be!!!

1  Thank NiKkOsAn

Been to Carluccio's - Covent Garden? Share your experiences!