“Out of this world.”

Ranked #16 of 356 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Now celebrating ten extraordinary years, Billy Elliot the Musical has won the hearts of millions since it opened in London's West End, becoming one of the most beloved, award-winning shows on stage today. Set in a northern mining town, against the background of the 1984/'85 miners' strike, Billy Elliot is the inspirational story of a young boy's struggle against the odds to make his dreams come true. The story follows Billy's journey as he stumbles out of the boxing ring and into a ballet class where he discovers a passion for dance that inspires his family and whole community and changes his life forever. Featuring a timeless score by Elton John, sensational dance and a powerful story that has captivated audiences around the world, Billy Elliot the Musical is a funny, uplifting and spectacular theatrical experience that will stay with you forever. Now seen by over 10 million people worldwide, there's never been a better time to see Billy Elliot the Musical.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Nothing to dislike, probably the best show I have ever seen. Worth every penny and more.

Well done to Mitchell, for playing Billy Elliott. Much better than the film!

2  Thank Tracy H

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This show has it all at times funny, in places very sad ,This is not a show for younger children there is alot of swearing and I mean alot not just the odd word the people sat in front seemed very shocked by how much as had a young child with them. ( It did say on website for show )
The young lad who danced as Billy on Saturday 29th March 14.30 show wow just wow so much talent in one so young! And Michael his friend again was wonderful .
I loved this show along with my 80yr old mother .I would watch it again and plan to do so .
The whole cast were very fantastic, And the older Billy in one dance I loved watching him .
I also loved the sets very clever ,

1  Thank clareAmanda1969
Reviewed March 31, 2014

29th March 2014 - Billy Elliot. Absolutely stunning and amazing! I was astounded by the show - extremely moving and awe inspiring. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect the dancing of Billy Elliot (Redmand Rance) to be as advanced as it was! What a talent!!! Well done!

1  Thank Sally A
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I went with a group of friends, my BFF had chose to see if for her 40th birthday celebration. I had to admit that I was a bit surprised at her choice.

I have to start by saying that I am an American that has lived in the UK for a couple of years. This is important because with out the knowledge of the language and the culture I would have missed a lot. The story was really good. I have always been a Reagan and by proxy a Thatcher fan. I knew that Thatcher was famous for busting the unions in the UK, and the Billy Elliot gives an idea of what those worker and their families had to go through as things changed around them. I have never watched the movie but I now plan to see it as soon as I can.

There is a lot of swearing in the play and it definitely puts into perspective the differences the differences of British English and American English. If you are American and planning to catch this show, I would recommend that you watch the movie first and consider doing homework about British slang so that you understand the nuances in the show.

The child actors were brilliant and the story was thought provoking. I am extremely glad that I had the opportunity to go. It is probably not a show that I would have ever chosen to see myself.

1  Thank FaboFinds
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We saw this show for the first time last night. My husband had wanted to see it for a while. Me, not so much. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It's a really funny show and at times exceptionally sad. Both Billy's were great and very good dancers. The actor playing Billy's friend Michael was fab too.

Really funny cast and an enjoyable night. (Not sure I'd take children though due to language!)

1  Thank Wendy Q