“Great entertainment”

Ranked #16 of 350 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Now celebrating ten extraordinary years, Billy Elliot the Musical has won the hearts of millions since it opened in London's West End, becoming one of the most beloved, award-winning shows on stage today. Set in a northern mining town, against the background of the 1984/'85 miners' strike, Billy Elliot is the inspirational story of a young boy's struggle against the odds to make his dreams come true. The story follows Billy's journey as he stumbles out of the boxing ring and into a ballet class where he discovers a passion for dance that inspires his family and whole community and changes his life forever. Featuring a timeless score by Elton John, sensational dance and a powerful story that has captivated audiences around the world, Billy Elliot the Musical is a funny, uplifting and spectacular theatrical experience that will stay with you forever. Now seen by over 10 million people worldwide, there's never been a better time to see Billy Elliot the Musical.
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Took my wife as a surprise and we were not disappointed. Never once felt bored or like it was dragging. Highly recommended

1  Thank jaycedoran
There are newer reviews for Billy Elliot The Musical

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Don't know why I didn't like it but it did nothing for me and did not grip or entertain me.
I saw the film and enjoyed it but do not feel that I could recommend it.
I was very disappointed.

2  Thank JLees
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We booked tickets as a post Christmas treat and what a treat. The show was brilliant and the cast (many of them youngsters) were outstanding. A really excellent show and would recommend anyone visiting London should go, you will love it.

1  Thank David C
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I must admit - I wasn't very excited when my family told me we were going to watch Billy Elliott. How wrong I was! Amazing acting, fabulous dancing and laugh out loud comedy the whole way through. I would definitely go again. Well done!

1  Thank DimeyB
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Interesting story about a young boy who learns to love Ballet.
Billy is such a talented dancer that it's hard to realise that he is just a boy. The dance teacher and young girls in the dance class are adorable. The choreography is good and the cast of Billy's family and friends are all excellent. The show is a treat for all ages.