“Excellent, but beware of half priced "top tickets".”

Billy Elliot The Musical
Ranked #16 of 373 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Now celebrating ten extraordinary years, Billy Elliot the Musical has won the hearts of millions since it opened in London's West End, becoming one of the most beloved, award-winning shows on stage today. Set in a northern mining town, against the background of the 1984/'85 miners' strike, Billy Elliot is the inspirational story of a young boy's struggle against the odds to make his dreams come true. The story follows Billy's journey as he stumbles out of the boxing ring and into a ballet class where he discovers a passion for dance that inspires his family and whole community and changes his life forever. Featuring a timeless score by Elton John, sensational dance and a powerful story that has captivated audiences around the world, Billy Elliot the Musical is a funny, uplifting and spectacular theatrical experience that will stay with you forever. Now seen by over 10 million people worldwide, there's never been a better time to see Billy Elliot the Musical.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

In my experience popular shows that start offering half priced tickets are often start going off the boil, but this was not the case with the Monday evening performance we saw. It felt every bit like it was the opening week and we really enjoyed it. It's not Highbrow stuff, but is warm-hearted and funny and close to my memory of the film.

One thing we were not happy with was the "top price" tickets at half price from Lastminute.com. The don't tell you where you are going to sit and their tickets were not (according to the usher) top price. Last minute would not respond to our emails and their call centre does not handle complaints!

Fortunately, we bought 2 extra tickets from the half-price ticket booth in Leicester Square who did give us excellent tickets and as seat were empty on their row all 4 of us could stay together.

Perhaps the theatre should watch more carefully who they allocate their seats to and how they advertise them. For that reason only I'm not giving the show top marks.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,688)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was not expecting much, to be honest, and I thought it was too expensive. I thought it was just a good musical, and that is it. But for my surprise it was amazing, one more time Billy Elliott made me want to dance and dance and dance. The boy that plays Billy is UNBELIEVABLE, the way he dances is amazing, and the boy that plays Michael, Billy's best friend is also very very good. And the ballet teacher, wow!
The only thing I did not like as much was some of the strikes/pit scenes, there a little bit too heavy for my taste, but you forget about them when Billy is back again. And the End, oh the End.
Great Musical! I am still deciding which was is best if BE or Wicked.
It is a must on London.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This show is brilliant, I wasn't sure at the beginning but the charm and talent of the dancers won me over. Wouldn't advise taking children though as there is an awful lot of foul language.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Nothing I did not like.
The music made me cry from the first number to nearly the last. It's two stories in one. One about a young boy learning to be himself and one about the struggles of the workingman in England.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Well what can i say? My cousin and i had been crying for three hours. It touched our hearts. Billy was absolutely awesome.he had been singing and dancing for three hours without pause. Everyone sang so good and every song was played live. We went to the theater in the morning and bought the tickets for the evening show.
We had a wonderful time.