Review Highlights
Solidarity πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

Reviewed September 4, 2018
Caitlin D
via mobile
My first time in london, a good musical

Reviewed November 26, 2017

from $118.40
from $81.60
from $119.70
2,219 results
All reviews my mum film cast theatre mines production context performers characters
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Hands down my favourite musical! The set was amazing and all the set changes were fabulous. All the cast were on point as ever in particular Billy though I’ve seen better Michaels. I’ve loved the original film and soundtrack for years and I loved being able to see it come to life.

We saw it the day after the Manchester attacks and the circle was virtually empty with the cheaper seats opting to stay at home. But the way the cast included the audience and the charity after was the best way to feel better

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

Good musical during a weekend with my mum. Despite my English level was not the best at that time, I did enjoyed it!

1  Thank E-pucc
Reviewed November 16, 2017

I enjoyed the show as it was all about changing industrial times and its impact on a town and its people. But if you're not visiting London from another western country, I can see why it may not be exciting.

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

This was just fantastic. I did think it could up to expectations but I think it was even better. I would really recommend this show.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Music was touching , and the dance was amazing took my boyfriend and my parents and they loved the surprise

Reviewed June 29, 2017

I've seen most of the more popular musicals in the West End or mostly as touring productions and I have never found one that comes close to being as good as Billy Elliot. It's political, passionate, heart rendering and devoid of any cheesy musical clichΓ©s (and this comes from a musical lover!) Everyone I know has loved it, from my musical hating punk fan of a Dad to my Tory grandma. It's the only musical I've been to where people have openly cried rather hysterically at the sad bits and laughed so much at the funny bits!
LANGUAGE: I first saw the show in the West End as a nine year old and it didn't bother me or my parents, and it didn't influence me in any way to swear more as my mam and dad explained the context to me. Most of the kids in the show who are swearing are about 12 and believe me, I'm from a mining village in the north east and by the age of 12 I'd definitely heard all the swearing that is in the show before, mainly from people my own age! It makes the show far more gritty and authentic and if this is the reason why
you are considering avoiding the show then please just go anyway. It'll be worth it!

1  Thank LB3141
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Simple story, touches the deepest soul. Music and dance is the international languages. I introduce this to my Chinese colleagues to watch as they are the first time to London. Apart from food and sight seeing, I highly recommend them to watch a musical in London. Billy Elliot is really a good choice. A child with talent that every parent, as us, wanna to have and need much patient as well as encouragement to let him dance, let him fly.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

So me and the wife really love the theater and Musicals in particular, and I don't know why but we hadn't got to see Billy Elliot in London and I had missed the adverts for the show in MK and the wife is telling me its in town and the last night is tomorrow, talk about late notice but anyway got on the ATG site, well on my phone it is rubbish and tried 4 times to book and nothing so went home and got on the Laptop, success! Well all the hassle was worth it, this is a fantastic show, music was spot on and the dances was amazing, if you have a chance to go see it I recommend that you do,

1  Thank HarryHHarrie
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

I bought tickets for this show as a Christmas gift for my partner, we went on 9th June. I like the theatre in Milton Keynes it's a good venue, seats are comfy and spacious, and the production quality and sound are always good. Billy Elliot was absolutely amazing, the story really makes you think about how children experienced the miner strikes of the early 80's. Everything was brilliant but Billy needs a special mention, for a young boy to have such talent and presence to be so central to the telling of this story is astounding, I thoroughly recommend, best musical i have seen with perhaps the exception of the Lion King.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

I saw it in London last February. It's one of those "got to see" shows. It's now closed in London but there are regional productions all over the world including the United States.