“Love it”

Greenwich Union
Ranked #1,215 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I visit Greenwich Union every couple of weeks, sometimes midweek but occasionally on a saturday night if I get to knock off work early. The staff are always pleasant, even into the late evening hours. The pub has a very large and good selection of beers, craft beers and ciders. The outdoor area is almost as big as the pub itself and in the summer months it is an absolute sun trap. But in the colder/wetter months there are also huge umbrellas with outdoor heaters. Yet to try the food here but from what I've seen/smelled as the food is brought to various tables, I have every confidence in it. This is a must visit pub, slightly hidden away from the more tourist-stricken venues in Greenwich centre. Well worth it, great vibes.

1  Thank SolutionDevices
There are newer reviews for Greenwich Union

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

While the ambience was nice, we had to wait more than half an hour for food (the table next to us, who arrived after us, were served before us). I ordered an oxtail and Stilton pie, the meat being borderline inedible. My side of mashed potato was clumpy and dry. My boyfriend had a rather nice steak but he had to ask the waiter for hollandaise sauce (which was part of the meal) and the waiter seemed annoyed. Probably won't be back here again!

1  Thank amcm86
MeantimeManager, Manager at Greenwich Union, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hi amcm86,

This review has been posted to the wrong location- we have never offered Oxtail and Stilton pie on our menu.

Best Wishes
Dan Persson
Manager

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The pub belonging to Meantime Brewery, this is a great place to sample some craft beers and have a bite to eat. Just off the beaten track in Greenwich - I would certainly recommend a visit.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a great place to enjoy fantastic local beer - Meantime Brewery - served by an amazing staff. Every part of my visit was outstanding. Wonderful and unique mussels were the best.

1  Thank Jon W
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Called in to the Greenwich Union for a light lunch - chosen by my friends who live locally and have been before. Excellent bacon and chicken breast sandwich with salad and chips at a very fair price. The lime and soda was the best I have had for a long time. If this is the normal standard then you are in for a treat!!

1  Thank Andy P