“Appalling! Rude, dreadful.”

Pizza Express - Olympia
Ranked #10,492 of 22,375 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Olympia offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Appalling! Rude, dreadful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

I like Pizza express, and so today, after an exhibition at Olympia, I thought I would stop by for a bite.

I stood in the entrance for maybe 5 minutes, while the manager or whatever he was, walked around seating the odd table, with no reaction to the growing crowd behind me. He was rude, cold and ignorant.

I gave up and turned around and left.

I guess this place simply counts on the unsuspecting exhibition crowd.

Dreadful.

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Standard Pizza Express”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Was at a conference at Olympia and couldnt convince anyone else to try the Middle Eastern or Indian places opposite so we ended up here. Busy as you would expect and prompt service. Just as good as any of the others, not spectacular. My only gripe is that for some reason none of the easily available discount vouchers are valid here so I couldnt claim my free bottle of wine for my birthday. Still, its a decent meal just nothing amazing.

• Visited April 2012
Camrose, Wales
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

We have been to various Pizza Express around the country and whilst staying near Olypmia decided to visit on Saturday. We were shown to our seats where we waited for someone to take our drinks order and we waited and waited and waited. The place was quiet and the staff were just standing about chatting to one another. Twice I made eye contact with a waitress and twice I was ignored. In the end the manager started having a go at the staff but by then we had decided to leave. We will not return ...ever.

London, United Kingdom
“Impressive location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

This restaurant is located on the corner of Olympia Exhibition Centre in Hammersmith Road.
The building was formally part of the Olympia Halls, and then a bank before being converted to its present usage. Due to its history, the decor is unusually impressive, including high ornate ceilings, large windows and wood panelled walls. The layout is very smart and well designed with an open chef’s kitchen area in the centre and a large U shaped space around same with multiple table seating. To the left of the main entrance there is a well stocked bar area for pre meal drinks, including a piano which is played by the house pianist on certain evenings creating a cocktail atmosphere; I understand they also have regular music evenings.
The generic Pizza Express menu has its usual excellent choice of traditional pizzas plus a variety of specials including pasta dishes. The good value food is freshly made and cooked to order. The staff are welcoming and attentive despite often being extremely busy if there is a show event taking place in Olympia. If you like Pizzas then you’ll love Pizza Express and this branch location is definitely worth a visit!

• Visited February 2012
Groton, Massachusetts
“Extremely slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

We booked a table for six for 12.30 and arrived on time - did not get served until 1pm - meals came one at a time, and most had to be abandoned as we were due back at Olympia conference.....

Ironically even though there was an exhibition on at Olympia the place was not that busy.

• Visited March 2012