“disgraceful service”

Ranked #1,071 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City of London
Transit: Chancery Lane station is closest underground, exit and walk down Chancery Lane towards The Strand, we are on the right hand side.
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Late review, but given we went to this restaurant on NYE last year, I thought I'd share my experience. I think they must hire contract waiters/ waitresses for NYE because when we went the staff were really in a couldn't be bothered mood. Yes its new year, and I'm sure the waiters/ waitresses would rather be drinking/ dining out themselves but no need to let the service slip. The waitress we had was rude and disinterested in us - never asked us if everything was okay - and no, everything was not okay - the fattiest and toughest sirloin steak I've ever had. The waitress had a major attitude problem when I pointed out I was unhappy with my steak. In the end, everything was sorted out by management but give this place and maybe other Gaucho's a miss if you want to enjoy your NYE meal!

1  Thank pauah

Reviewed December 31, 2013

There are better steaks in The City, but this is definitely one of the better Gauchos and worth a visit. Very sleek ambience.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friend and I booked into Gauchos thinking we were going to a 'top end' restaurant and thought we would spend a bit more as it would be worth it seeing as it was near Christmas.
Restaurant looks lovely, decor amazing and nice staff. I ordered the salt baked cord fed chicken 'infused with garlic and lemon'. My friend is a vegetarian and there was just ONE option, so she had that. They served us bread and oil which was delicious.
My chicken came out served on a wooden chopping board with a wedge of lemon on one side and a bulb of roasted garlic on the other. The chicken was NOT 'infused' with these 2 ingredients.
I took my first bite of the chicken expecting it to be succulent and full of flavour..how disappointing it was, it literally tasted like chicken that had been taken out a packet and put straight in the oven with no seasonings. One of the most wasteful meals I have ever had in a restaurant and we will NEVER go there again...unless they promised to actually season their food and gave it to me for free. WASTE OF MONEY.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Gaucho serve wonderful steaks, great cocktails in a convivial atmosphere. Their restaurants are perfect for business or pleasure. The only drawback is that if is a little pricey and while they once sat at the top of the tree for steak in London, I would say Hawksmoor has eclipsed them in recent years. However, I still highly recommend gaucho and will undoubtedly be back to a branch soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Excellent business lunch - food was very good, wide range of good quality wines to suit all budgets and friendly, efficient service. If you want good quality steak but in a modern, upbeat environment then Gaucho is an excellent choice. Only point to note, despite the name It is closer to Fleet Street than Chancery Lane!