“Getting better all the time”
Review of Sam's Brasserie & Bar - CLOSED

Sam's Brasserie & Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chiswick
London
“Getting better all the time”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great meal last night. Been many times before but gave it a miss after a couple of not so good experiences. Glad I went back because it's much improved. Food was really excellent and I had the best lamb I've ever had, which is praise indeed from someone who doesn't normally like lamb. Lemon tart to die for and good service.

• Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Contemporary restaurant in a cozy corner of Chiswick. Good high quality food and friendly service. Very good selection of drinks. Recommended!

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for a scrumptious Sunday brunch!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

First time I went to the restaurant was Sunday for a nice lazy brunch with friends. We started with delicious smoothies, and then moved to the usual espresso, cappuccino, etc. to wake up. We each ordered different things…..grilled Halloumi cheese with poached eggs, scrambled eggs with Spanish chorizo and Confit Duck Hash. Lovely presentation, fast and courteous service and the restaurant itself was very luminous, spacious and trendy—had a rather New York feel to it. Perfect place for brunch and definitely want to return for dinner, as I heard the bar is rocking at night and the kitchen serves late so perfect for late dinner after the cinema! Definitely recommend it!

• Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Reasonably tasty food but VERY pricey - you can get better for your £££”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I don't understand how all these reviews give 5 stars for food - these people clearly don't eat out at good restaurants often! The food here tasted fine but there was no "wow" factor yet you are paying "wow" prices. If you're taking up their 2 course for £13.50 or 3 course for £16.50 it is worthwhile, but of course the menu choices are limited at that price. If you're paying full price for food it's just not worth it. The restaurant is fine, buzzy atmosphere, staff are great - very attentive.

I had deep fried squid, which was fine, if not a little small in the portion. My partner had cornish crab on toast and he enjoyed it (but at £11.50 for a starter, you'd want to enjoy it). Next I had lamb koftas which were really disappointing - no seasoning or flavour. I could see a few bits of green herb in the mince, but couldn't taste it at all. The koftas were overcooked and presented under a covering (see pic) of green salad - need to work on their presentation I think!! My partner had rack of ribs of which the sauce was very tasty but the meat not that fabulous. He did really like the side of sweet potato mash that came with it (see pic).

I ordered French beans and mash potato on the side - don't bother ordering sides (see pics)!! They were flavourless, really disappointing and not worth £3.50 each. French beans in hazelnut butter were actually a bunch of boiled French beans with no butter and 2 bits of hazelnut. The mash potato tasted like it was cooked before and heated in the microwave, you know that day old sort of taste. It wasn't smooth and it was very pastey (almost like packet mash).

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank BarbieMegaTraveller
919SamH, Owner at Sam's Brasserie & Bar, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hi Barbie
I am very sorry that you didn't feel our menu offered value for money, but also very pleased you enjoyed the atmosphere and the service you received
I am very proud of my restaurant and know how hard we work every day to achieve the highest possible standards of food and service, therefore I am always upset to hear of anyone's disappointment and can only say how sorry I am
I am very surprised as the dishes you mentioned are almost all of our best sellers. The squid and crab on toast are our best selling starters and we have people who come back for them 2 or 3 times a week. I agree that £11.50 is an expensive starter, but it is also our best value starter based on the cost of the crab to us- it is the best possible Cornish Crab we can source.
The ribs are our best selling dish across the menu and sell out most nights and so I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy them.
I can only imagine that something wasn't right with your dishes on the night and for this I really apologise
I would love you to return and give us a try again and if you do please contact myself person- I am here most days
Best wishes
Sam Harrison
“Good food, lackadaisical service”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

The cooking was to a high standard, good ingredients - meat better than vegetables though. Service quite poor. Our server forgot our requests and then disappeared.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Particle7
919SamH, Owner at Sam's Brasserie & Bar, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hello there
I must firstly apologise for the delay in response
I thought I had responded before, but for some reason it didn't show up
I am very pleased you enjoyed your food and thank you for the kind words
I am very sorry however you felt the service not up to standard
I take great pride in our customer service and hospitality and therefore very sorry to hear if someone feels we didn't deliver
I can assure you that this is not the normal and on behalf of the whole team offer our apologies
I do hope you will return and if you do, please contact me personally
Many thanks