“Handy location - mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Strada - Brunswick - CLOSED

Strada - Brunswick
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
London
“Handy location - mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

A friend and I ate here early evening prior to going to the Renoir Cinema - 1 minute away, so very convenient.
The decor was very pleasant and the wine list was good. We shared some Napoletana pizza bread which was more than enough for two. We ordered linguine pescatora and tagliolini nero granchio (pasta with cuttlefish ink and crab). The tagliolini dish was lacking in taste - extremely bland, and not helped by overcooked pasta. The crab added nothing taste-wise - you wouldn't have known it was a sea food dish. I added oil and seasoning and ate most of it. Maybe I should have lowered my expectations, this being a chain, but any Italian restaurant really should be able to turn out decent pasta.
The staff were friendly and I gave them feedback on the tagliolini. Service was average speed I'd say.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ContessaLondon

Calgary, Canada
“Surprised!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I had occassion to vist this restuarant in Brunswick centre during our stay in London. We were located near Russell Sq so the Strada was close. Let me tell you we were pleasantly surprised. Normally, not always, but more often than not chains of this nature are not overally good. This chain is quite different. It was very good. Staff was at your beck and call. You waited for nothing. The ambiance was nice. Interior was good, not cafeteria style, like a proper restuarant. The food was excellant. Portions were large. Dessert was also very good. Theres quite a variety for both mains and desserts. The wine menu is fairly large, as is the beer selection. We had a appetizer, 2 mains, 2 desserts, 2 drinks each(wine & beer) and our total for the meal was under 50 GBP. We felt that a deal. If we ever find ourselves back in London we certainly will stop in for supper.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank bergerman
Leics
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Have been before and it was good, however this time it was disappointing. Service was not good - it took ages to get the menus, food and drinks were forgotten and food took a long time to come. Starters were OK but pasta main courses were cold as was a risotto - it was so cold it was congealed onto the bowl and the rice was very al dente, oh and the lemon was missing from the beans with lemon and crumbs. We were catching a train so did not have time to send anything back. Pizza was hot, fresh and very big but not good enough to make us go back.

• Visited July 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“A busy location but pleasant staff and tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have enjoyed many meals in this restaurant and never been disappointed. It is often busy but the service is very good without feeling rushed, and the food of a good quality. It may be very slightly more expensive than some of the other chains, but it is well worth it

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sheila S
London, United Kingdom
“Quality food! Very busy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I visited here at short notice and although they were very busy the staff were friendly and accommodating. I tried the linguine alla pescatore , which I was told was one of the most popular dishes. It was the best seafood dish I have tried at a Italian chain, Strada seemed to be more generous with their seafood and the flavours tasted fresh. Filtered water is complimentary at Strada which is another reason I rate this place.

Visited June 2012