“Awful, do not go there”

Thai Square - South Kensington
Ranked #7,640 of 24,437 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: A small, intimate Thai restaurant located just opposite South Kensington underground station serving all your favourite Thai dishes in a modern, warm atmosphere.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Despite having previously booked a table for our party of 17 we were kept waiting for almost twenty minutes whilst they tried to fit us in. The entrance to this restaurant can only hold about four or five people so the rest of the party were left out on a freezing day which was pouring with rain. When we were eventually let in we we were allocated a very cramped table which further dampened our spirits. The room was very cramped and depressing
The service was OK. the waitress who served us was polite. The food was awful. Some of the starters we had were very obviously stale and had been re-fried. The chicken curry that I ordered was bland, mainly an insipid sauce in which I had to fish around until I found three tiny pieces of chicken and two tiny bits of raw aubergine. Those from our party who had the duck found it OK
We all found the accompanying rice and noodles stale, despite this that had the audacity to add a hefty service charge to our bill.
I do not recommend this restaurant and would certainly not go there again.

1  Thank WiseOwl72

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We love Thai good & have been spoiled with having great authentic Thai & this wasn't one of them. I'm not quite sure when this place got so bad as I've eaten here before & recommended it to friends over the years.

The pad Thai was ok, but the beef & cashews was bland and had a terrible gravy accompanying it...not like any flavour I've ever tasted in any Thai restaurant. The tamarind duck was ok too...but a touch sickly sweet.

My advice, give this place a miss & head to Busaba Thai where you definitely won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have been to other thai squares around London all of which are fine - however, the one in south Kensington is not great. The corn cakes we had for starters were clearly re-fried so did not taste great. My husband asked for his main to be extra spicy and he found it very bland. I don't eat chilli food but i was able to have some of his and my main was very average.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

nice enough decor, service and food but bland (no chili or limes or any extra condiments-too sweet and bland in general).

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Coming out of the V & A museum, we where sort of blowing into this place by the really bad weather at the time. We had a great lunch here, excellent food and service.