“Great London Vibe!”

Randall & Aubin Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Randall & Aubin Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #358 of 24,121 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Seafood, British
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Randall and Aubin offers the freshest seafood and succulent roasts complemented with a carefully selected wine list that ranges from old favourites to new discoveries. On Sundays you can enjoy our delicious brunch menu accompanied by a delicious Bloody Mary. We also offer catering service and take-away delivery. For more information visit our website.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

A friend and I chanced upon this restaraunt, as we walked around exploring London, we shared the steak and a side sald, which was more than enough! and had the chocolate cake. Really lovely interior and friendly welcoming staff. I would definatly go again to try the sea food, the lady next to me had a ordered a three tier sea food platter and it looked delicious! The wine list was very easy to read and had good options for all the food on offer.

1  Thank 0Devika
Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was invited to dine at Randall & Aubin and I have been pleasantly surprised to discover what is, now, one of my favourite in Soho. As charming Chef Ed Baines explained, the restaurant was previously a butcher shop and the space preserves now some of the feature of its past (the white tiles, the marble, the open kitchen where, I like to imagine, the main counter used to be). A quirky detail for a seafood restaurant, but I promise, it works. R&A was opened in 1996 and it became quickly famous for the offer of 6 oysters and one glass of Champagne for £7.50: when I am told, I cannot stop thinking this place was closer to Paradise than I expected. Have a look at the website for today’s prices and dishes: http://www.randallandaubin.co.uk/menus/menu.pdf.
The welcome is warm, which makes my balancing on the stools a little easier. The cuisine is traditional, almost all about fish. Chef Baines does not want to mess up with what is already great, but he wants to just do it to perfection.
Our menu:
Oysters – I love them and these were some of the freshest I have ever tasted in London (and believe me, I am one of the most sensitive person about oysters you could possibly find in the globe)
Starter: pan fried scallops and giant prawns with peas, asparagus and a scallop’s puree. Just a beauty.
Main: Cod in banana leaf with rice and mango. The dish preserved very much the mere taste of the fish, which I liked in the mix with the mango leaf. A nice inspiration from the Chef’s recent trip in the far East.
The service was excellent – warm, polite, quick, discrete and friendly.
The ambience was enhanced by a vibrant music beat, a little David Guetta’s style. The music was not too loud, though, so conversation was more then enjoyable.
As every good dinner, excellent company made it even better, I have to admit. Quite legitimate, don’t you think?
I would definitely recommend Randall & Aubin, I believe it is just the greatest spot for a dinner before a night out in Soho.

1  Thank AnnalisaMae
Reviewed June 9, 2014

After leaving Hix (in another review) we got a table at this establishment.
Well they could certainly teach Hix a thing or few the staff are excellent and the service is second to none. Nothing is too much for them i ordered a Lobster roll and fries and it was absolutely superb in fact i could have it again it was so good my wife had eggs Florentine and that was excellent as well.
If you are ever in Soho this place is a must 12 out of ten for the staff and the food.
Keep up the excellent work.

1  Thank JASON F
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Definitely one of my favourite restaurants in London! The food is always amazing.. A few of my favourite dishes are the oysters, calamari, dressed crab and lobster! The atmosphere is amazing and always filled with fun, beautiful people!

1  Thank ar89
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We love the authentic atmosphere, and the prices for seafood are reasonable. We usually try the specials, which this time were "John Dory" one night and "Sea Bream" the other. Both were prepared skillfully. We have never been disappointed.

1  Thank A2Russ