“Killer Hummus!”
Review of Noura - Mayfair

Noura - Mayfair
Reserve with OpenTable
Noura - Mayfair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,543 of 23,994 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Upstairs is a classy bistro-style restaurant which is a great place for lunch or dinner. We are still offering our popular take-away service from Curzon Street and you can also order online. Downstairs is a funky lounge bar and dining area. This is something completely new and provides a twist on the traditional Lebanese dining experience. The room is sumptuous and enveloping with a definite lounge bar feel. The back-lit marble bar tantalisingly reflects in the regal mirror-wall opposite and gold recesses glitter from the royal purple walls. It is the Mayfair evening destination for drinks, dinner or just to meet friends in this secret hideaway. Noura Mayfair holds a host of entertainment including a "Lebanese Night" in the downstairs lounge bar and restaurant on Friday and Saturday. Reservations are essential. During the evening you will dine on a specially selected Lebanese menu, be entertained with live music, and enjoy a Belly dancer show. Shisha are also available on request. The "Lebanese Night" can also be booked for private functions any night of the week.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This restaurant was located a couple of blocks from our hotel in Mayfair. You will smell it before you see it as there usually were a few pipe smokers seated outside - we like the aroma. The restaurant is not particularly decorated - it is clean and small. I understand there is entertainment so it probably gets rather full on these nights.

The service was nice, but the head person in a suit was very sharp and direct with guests and staff. I didn't like hearing him ordering the staff - his tone was off-putting.

We ordered the usual lebanese appetizers. I have to say that the hummus with parsley and garlic was absolutely the best hummus I have ever had. I make a good one myself, but it does not compare to Noura's. I would return and return just to order it!

1  Thank habaneros

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went to this restaurant yesterday with a group of friends, ambience accepatable upstairs,downstairs is where all the action if thats what you want with belly dancers etc however you pay an extra surcharge for it. The service was acceptable,waiters a tad strange almost as if they are not sure what you or they are doing there!
We ordered a selection of starters which were good,however mains were a huge let down all cold and dry,not something we were expecting especially at 50 pounds a head (with no alcohol)!
Dont think i will visit again there are numerous lebenese restaurants in london which serve great food at better prices.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We generally enjoyed the pre-theater menu at 32 pounds per person. As we were the only folks in Noura at 6 pm, we had everyone's undivided attention. We were quickly seated at a corner table beside the front door. The waiter said "best table". It is a small restaurant, so maybe he was correct.

The waiter brought 6 mezzes - to begin. This was the best part of the meal. Most were good to exceptional. Then, our waiter brought the mixed grill of lamb and chicken on skewers. The chicken was fresh and tasty, but the lamb had a badly burned taste that was just not "right". At meal's end, a few desserts were delivered. Advice: one might skip the grilled lamb as we were
(somewhat) ill all evening. Maybe, it was the lamb? Who knows?

Our young waiter was pleasant and professional.

Dislikes - I did not much like the owner berating his employees in front of us. Bad form, Mr. Owner.

Also, I did not like the many hookah pipe smokers puffing away outside Noura, at the street tables - near Noura's front door. As the restaurant door opened, the smoke blew inside. Yes, Noura is smoke free, except for the scented smoke that seeps inside. (The other Lebanese restaurants in the Mayfair area also allowed hookah pipes "outside". Apparently, this is big business at 25-40 pounds per pipe.)

Geography note - the heavily guarded Saudi embassy is next door. Our waiter said "they do take out".

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I visited Noura on a Sunday evening. Although the place was initially quiet it got livelier as the evening went on. I thought the food was lovely and the mixed grill is highly recommended. The staff were friendly and helpful in explaining the menu and vegetarian option. I am novice with Lebanese food, but my experience at Noura has definitely sparked my interest.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I dined early by choice at 6.30pm so the restaurant was pretty empty when we arrived but filled up and was buzzing by the time we left. We enjoyed excellent service and good advice on choice being inexperienced in Lebanese food. Our waiter could not have been more attentive and friendly. We chose a 3 mezzes served at the same time as our two main courses, all the food was delicious. A reasonably priced Italian Pinot Grigio proved to be a suitable accompanying wine.With hindsight, 2 mezzes would have been sufficient. The total price for meals and wine came to £100 which included a (naughty) £11 service charge added by the restaurant. I'm not familiar with Mayfair prices but the total cost including tips did not seem unreasonable.