“great tapas & a good wine list”

Mar I Terra - Blackfriars
Ranked #3,114 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southwark
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great tapas & a good wine list”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Authentic tapas by authentic spanish staff. Good atmosphere (it was friday night). Not expensive. Will go again when in London.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank properjobmick

London
“Great tapas”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Real, tasty Spanish food. Great wine. Helpful staff. Good atmosphere. Use this place regularly. Definitely recommend.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tina-Larry
Frome, United Kingdom
“Spain in the rain . . ”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for ok tapas at an ok price then go here. We did and had a nice evening but would I go again,probably not as there are loads of better tapas restaurants not far away . . .

1 Thank Phillicj
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Christmas event”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to the guys at Mar I Terra, excellent food, 100% authentic and tasted fantastic. The wine was also very good. Staff very attentive with a big smile. Thanks for making a great afternoon.

1 Thank Phil N
London, United Kingdom
“Under the Arches in London....An Authentic Taste of Spain”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My third visit to Mar I Terra in Southwark in the last year (three seasons out of four ; including the joy of dining al fresco in the Summer)...as ever it proved to be a five star experience. Delicious authentic Spanish food, fine wine and even on a miserable November evening busy and bustling from early evening.
My colleague and I chatted on how much we enjoy eating here and how much we appreciate the hospitality of the staff who are attentive without being intrusive, knowledgeable and FUN :)
We enjoyed a splendid feast five different dishes plus bread, olives and homemade alioli; this week's special Espinacas al gratin con Manchego is a must - warming autumnal fare. For dessert, if you can find room I would strongly recommend the crema catalana and/or the turron delicious!!!
As stated in previous reviews the menu is not extensive BUT what is available is good quality, authentic and always of a high standard.
Mar I Terra delivers value for money and includes the service charge....so no hidden extras....maybe I shouldn't have written this review as now I won't be able to get a table!!!!!

• Visited November 2013