“Finally we found spanish taste in London! REAL!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mar I Terra - Blackfriars

Mar I Terra - Blackfriars
Ranked #2,334 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Southwark
“Finally we found spanish taste in London! REAL!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic atmosphere! I do recomend this restaurant to all spanish and non spanish people that wants to travel for 1 h or 2 to spain! The eestaurant looks exactly like the spanish typical ones. I am spanish and I love spanish food! Their recipes are original and they taste like the ones your mum or grandma cooks for you! I loved the alioli! Fantastic! You will find tapas from everywhere in spain from galicia to Valencia and catalonia! Fantastic! I have rated the price to 4 because I compare with prices in spain! I will come back very soon! They do paellas next time i will go with some friends to have one! The restaurant it is managed by the complete family that it is so important when you want to taste spanish food! Only one think i did not like! Was when i left the restaurant and we found we were in London and was raining and cold!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Charls82

London, United Kingdom
“London's Best Tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a great quaint little place, really hidden away near Southwark tube station, close to Blackfrairs Wine Bar.

We discovered this on a bike ride around London and have been back twice, much to the disappointment of my wallet.

The atmosphere is extremely friendly, excellent ownership and staff.

The Petatas Gravas (excuse my spelling) is the best I've had and I can also recommend the beef, the meatballs, the tortilla (Spanish Omlette), Mushrooms and colleagues mentioned the Gambas were excellent (although I do not like seafood).

Delivery to the table is normally fresh but quick and the atmosphere is fantastic in such a small place, helped slightly by the fact they do not accept reservations.

Great place, well worth a visit - just watch your order as the price can creep up.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PhilAndrews77
Murcia, Spain
“Best tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Wasn't sure whether to write a review....I don't want the restaurant being overloaded with people and being unable to get a seat next time we go!
My hubby and I have been here once but it was lovely and authentic. Great service. Fab ambience. Will definitely return.
They informed us that they don't accept bookings unless you have a table of more than 10 people.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrsQ009
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Spain on a plate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Having a Christmas celebration lunch with work colleagues at Mar I Terra was a way to travel to, but it was well worth the journey. We could have stayed and eaten there all afternoon. The food is authentic tapas and the service was excellent.

1 Thank Daen61
HERTFORDSHIRE UK
“Excellent authentic tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I've been coming to Mar I Terra for years as its just around the corner from our office. The restaurant is quite small but that makes for a great cosy atmosphere. In summer it's great to sit in the sheltered courtyard which is a natural sun trap. The owner , Rafaele and chef Juan, have been brilliant hosts for years . On to the food, it's excellent. It's always freshly prepared and the quality is superb. A creature of habit, I always start with Calamares Romana and these have never been anything other than excellent. Staple favourites like albondigas and Gambas are again just wonderful. There are daily specials which are worth trying because these tend to be rare finds in other tapas bars . The wines are good value, we had the lowest priced red last week and were all surprised by just how good even that was . My colleague has lived in Spain for over twenty years and his opinion agreed with mine , ie excellent authentic tapas. It does get busy at lunchtime and early evenings but its well worth a visit . I must say I have never had any issues with staff here who have always been polite and helpful, especially considering that they have to put up with my attempts to speak Spanish.