“As crap as this was... We'd stay again.... When pigs fly!!!!!”
Review of Central Park Hotel

Ranked #985 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 2, 2014

1 paper thin pillow each in an area even third world people would turn their nose up at. The floor was wonky donkey and holes in it big enough for a midget to fall down and struggle to get out of. Itchy bedding and one of our towels had blood on it! We stayed on the ground floor and the noise was unbareable, we slept very little and the place literally gave me nightmares! I didn't even attempt to use the unclean, mouldy shower and we didn't bother waiting around to see what crap was served for breakfast. Would I recommend this place? Yeah I would to be fair... To my worst enemy as it's worse than anything else I could ever wish upon them!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank naggingranter
There are newer reviews for Central Park Hotel

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night as it was close to an early morning meeting. Check in was quick and easy and the gentleman who checked me in was polite. Room was clean but could do with some decorating a d some of the furniture being updated but for the price I paid for one night it was more than adequate.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very rude reception lady who even did not look at us and did not say hi when we arrived in hotel.my friend ask her where can we park the car and she answered very rude and still did not look at us.room was different from my mail picture then she gave us.becouse of this lady this this hotel will never get good review.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Chrichina
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I did a great deal of research on this hotel as it was in a good location for our three night stay near London. We really had very simple wants and I had emailed far in advance with our questions and requests. We arrived by train and then subway from Harwich where we ended our wonderful transatlantic Celebrity cruise. We needed to store our luggage for several hours as check-in was not until 3 pm and the surly desk ladies at Central Park Hotel (they really need a course in pleasant customer service) seemed to follow that "rule" exactly. No problem, as we wanted to go explore some things in London we had missed on previous visits. We had planned an evening Jack the Ripper tour but it was rained out and post-poned until the next evening so we returned to the Central Park Hotel before dark. Subway station is very convenient. When they assigned us our room I was extremely disappointed that they could locate no record of my specific room requests, nor could they furnish us with our requested hotpot, but our room - though extremely basic - was clean and the bed was comfortable and we had a private bath with clean towels each day. However, the nasty attitude of the front desk girls was truly uncalled for! My husband and I were very courteous in our dealings and simple requests, but both ladies just snapped back at us! A horrible impression for a hotel to give to paying guests! I grew up in a small motel my parents owned and operated and this type of rude attitude toward guests was like nothing in my experience

We actually enjoyed the included breakfast for two of our mornings. On the third morning we had to get up very early to catch our Eurostar train to Paris so had to forgo breakfast. Really missed having a hotpot as each day we walked many many miles around London and would have dear,y loved a cup of tea when we got back to our room. The wifi worked fine in the lobby area. Worst impression was the carpet on the stairs and in the halls. They truly need to change these as they are disgusting. Fortunately, our guest room had a laminate wood floor. The shower had some disgusting mildew in the cracks, but we just closed our eyes when showering! Also, it was impossible to get just warm water in the bathroom sink as the hot and cold taps were separate and the hot was VERY hot.
We will not choose this hotel again, but the price was very reasonable for London.

Room Tip: If you want a specific room, you must book directly with the hotel. We used Booking.com and NONE of...
1  Thank lambs2
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I spent a week with 42 students while visiting London. It was conveniently located. The rooms varied in quality, but they were all good. Breakfast included milk, cereals, muesli, toast, jam, cheese and ham. We got clean towels every day. The only drawback is the Internet. It's supposed to be available in the reception area, but it was so slow that I couldn't view any pages.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Really rude reception staff, heard one swear at a customer.
Rooms was disgusting, small. Not fridge, kettle or tea or coffee facilities.
Only wifi in reception, so annoying.
Breakfast was bad.
Train station close.
Dirty.
Would not stay here again.

2  Thank Weiroy
Reviewed May 24, 2014

After reading some of the other reviews on this page, it was safe to say my boyfriend and I were expecting the worst from this hotel. However, it was not what we expected at all. The hotel was clean, looked professional and was in a great location. Fair enough the service of some staff members might not have been 100% friendly but after being shouted at by various 18-30 year olds trying to con reservations out of you I am not surprised. All I needed from this hotel was literally a bed to sleep in after seeing Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury Park and this hotel was exactly what I needed. For £30 a person per night, you really can't go wrong. Good value for money, clean and comfortable with a free breakfast, in a location which would have easily cost you £100 a night.

I understand it's not a luxury hotel to spend a whole week/holiday in, but for one night- could not be faulted.

Room Tip: We were in room 152 and it was quiet, clean and comfortable.
2  Thank karasdfghjkl