“Do not stay here”

Central Park Hotel@Finsbury Park
Ranked #984 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Really rude reception staff, heard one swear at a customer.
Rooms was disgusting, small. Not fridge, kettle or tea or coffee facilities.
Only wifi in reception, so annoying.
Breakfast was bad.
Train station close.
Dirty.
Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Weiroy

Reviewed May 24, 2014

After reading some of the other reviews on this page, it was safe to say my boyfriend and I were expecting the worst from this hotel. However, it was not what we expected at all. The hotel was clean, looked professional and was in a great location. Fair enough the service of some staff members might not have been 100% friendly but after being shouted at by various 18-30 year olds trying to con reservations out of you I am not surprised. All I needed from this hotel was literally a bed to sleep in after seeing Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury Park and this hotel was exactly what I needed. For £30 a person per night, you really can't go wrong. Good value for money, clean and comfortable with a free breakfast, in a location which would have easily cost you £100 a night.

I understand it's not a luxury hotel to spend a whole week/holiday in, but for one night- could not be faulted.

Room Tip: We were in room 152 and it was quiet, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karasdfghjkl
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Staff are unfriendly, rooms are just tacked together. Toilet doesn't flush properly, shower doesn't drain, no plug in basin. No fridge.
Not even worth one star. Worst accommodation I have ever stayed in.
Holes in the floor, no fans or air con........just crap ( and that's being kind)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Audrey184
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel gave me what is, probably, the worst travelling experience of my life and I think it is important to bring this situation to people's attention.

We booked this hotel during our trip to London because it had a good price and it was near a subway station. When we arrived (around 11'o clock), the receptionist told us our reservation had been cancelled. Until that day, I wasn't even aware hotels could do this. When I asked why wasn't I previously informed, he informed that he sent me an e-mail...earlier that day! So, despite the fact I booked 3 weeks ahead, they decide to cancel my reservation and only inform me on the day of the booking.

When I asked for the complaint's book, the receptionist was very rude. After some discussion they gave us an alternative: to stay in another hotel not so nearby, so me and my girlfriend had to walk at night in an unknown area, to find the alternative hotel. And I must say, the alternative was an absolute bad, repulsive hotel with a shared bedroom. Oh, and on top of all, it we had to pay more!

The hotel staff had and absolute unprofessional behavior and I strongly believe that establishments with these behaviors shouldn't even be allowed to operate.

Strongly recommend not booking in this place, since they are not trustworthy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Diogo L
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

No internet in the rooms only in the reception. This wasn't as advertised.
Breakfast only starts at 7:30 so no good for a businessman!

Dirty bed but by this point I just thought...I shall vent online.

Trying to find a good hotel in this part of North London is difficult

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank SamFlatman
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here for one night...the WORST nights stay we have ever had anywhere. Extremely RUDE staff from the lady that didnnt even 'greet' us at the desk on checking in, to the three rude foreign staff that stood sniggering at me when they messed up my room booking in not providing a travel cot for my baby when I requested it. We were on the ground floor..didnt sleep at all due to the noise of the front door and stairs until 2am...poor sound proofing all round..not great with a 14 month old baby. Room was tiny...the least of our worries given the rest of the horror story of our stay! Ive felt more secure and had a better nights sleep in a tent in the Serengeti! Upon checking out, we had the pleasure (NOT!) of dealing with ''Claudio''...a member of staff with NO communication and people skills WHATSOEVER. The staff all need to be sent on an English speaking course and a Communication Skills course...or even better, dont waste the money...SHUT THE PLACE DOWN! Why the hell didnt I look on here first...doh!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank cheryldunn
Reviewed February 19, 2014

What we did like was the location. It's very close to the Finsbury Park Tube Station and a Post Office as well as grocery stores, a dollar store, coffee shops and quick food joints. There is also Finsbury Park just at the end of the street if you fancy nature close by. We didn't spend a ton of time in the room so we didn't hate it... but we won't be back.

The room that we stayed in was clean, not like the pictures that others have posted. The beds were very uncomfortable, one was very slanted and the pillows were like pizza boxes. The room was super boiling hot... and i'm usually the type to be cold when the average person is warm. The shower head sprayed everywhere and there was basically no way to keep the water from getting all over the bathroom floor, so don't put anything there you don't want soaked. We also coudn't check in until the 2pm time at the earliest (we arrived at 11am) so we ended up leaving our luggage in a non-monitored luggage room until we could make it back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family