“beware this hotel also markets itself as the gloucester”

Central Park Hotel@Finsbury Park
Ranked #991 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Booked this website through booking.com the pictures are completely misleading and this is actually the central park hotel. Very basic zero star. Not even a door handle!

Think I'll give breakfast a miss based on the reviews I have read here.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Billynkid

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Shocking!!! DO NOT BOOK. Should be closed down.
Was late booking a family room to take part in the London Marathon and this is what I got!!!. Unhelpful staff. No tea or coffee making facilities, no room service, no breakfast or any refreshments available before 7.30am, even though I explained we needed to leave by 7am. we had paid for B&B but no way of getting breakfast - no refund offerred. Threadbare and ill fitting carpets on stairs and in communal areas. Lift not working. Room door which should have been a fire door had an inch gap under - you could see the light from the corridor underneath it when lying in bed!!! Filthy bathroom with broken fixtures and fittings. Gaps in the laminate flooring in the bedroom. Curtains hanging off the rails. However one good thin the sheets although basic white cotton were visibly clean

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nurseymum
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here in mid-December 2012 for a Frankmusik gig at a venue nearby at Finsbury Park so staying at a nearby hotel for someone who came from the midlands was at the time ideal.

However, things didn't get off to a good start when I arrived at reception when the receptionist told me they lost my booking details! Eventually they had to assume I did make a booking online so proceeded with checking in and showed me to the room I was to stay in. First impressions of the room was how small even for a twin room it was. Without the odd broken drawers, mouldy showers, broken tiles, loose electric socket, the room overall was just "OK" as I felt I could live with it for just a place to crash at after the gig. However, that soon changed when I went to make a cup of coffee in the kitchenette then I saw that there were ANTS EVERYWHERE! Crawling all in the kitchenette and even worse, on the sachets and tea bags!! It was disgusting! I then discovered they were crawling all over the bedroom floor, but after what I seen, why was I even surprised! Alarmed, I then did research about the hotel online. Bad reviews, nothing about ants though, but reports on thefts and break-ins! It made sense as the rooms are based in separate houses down the same street with unlocked front doors! I just couldn't bring myself to complain to staff about the ants as there was enough trouble over me apparently not even booked in when I was. Alarmed again by the reported thefts, any valuables I took out to the gig with me and my other bag I ended up hiding under the sink! I really was that concerned.

I got back really late at night and realised hiding that bag was the best thing I did. Other guests from the same house made so much noise, obviously didn't help that all the floors were laminate. Overall, I did not feel safe at this hotel. Worst nights sleep constantly worrying if any ants were on the bed! It was so horrible. Didn't even bother getting breakfast the next morning just wanted to get out of there and out of London altogether! Never ever will I stay at that hotel ever again. I've learned some lessons here that whenever there's an event happening, always check first what the hotel is like rather than go with the "nearest" place.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank CatWoman444
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I wasn't expecting a lot, but I got a bad feeling from the surrounding area, which was confirmed by the rude staff, particularly the Eastern European woman. Hotel was disgusting, the stair carpets have duct tape on them to prevent slipping, the room itself was even worse. Black mold behind the bed, soiled bedding on the first night, radiators that don't seem to switch off, laminate flooring which creaks loudly and slips about, and a window which doesn't close properly, not nice when there's a circus in the park 200 yards away.

The hotel serves up a "continental" breakfast, presumably this is referring to the various continents the reformed ham was sourced from. The cheese slices were those plastic-style ones you get in the supermarket, the bread was cheap and nasty, the coffee came in sachets, calling it ersatz would be doing it too much justice. Needless to say, I only had the breakfast once, and based on this, I wouldn't pay for anything on the menu.

Not sure how this dump is still in business, they need to be named and shamed like they were cowboy builders on ITV2.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lb_756_13
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Good location in zone 2, very near Finsbury Park Station (Victoria & Piccadilly Lines).
Average hotel with simple but complete facilities. Nice staff. Good breakfast. Negative thing is the lack of coffee and tea facilities in the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed April 20, 2013

In general the hotel is very disapointing, but maybe this is what you get for 50£/night in London.
The room we stayed in was terrible (#514, do not take it!!). super tiny room, twin room with size of 2X3.5m+bathroom. broken floor!!! leaking roof in bathroom!!
The service was OK in general, reseption workers are nice (especialy the greek guys) but room cleaning always "forgot" soap of toilet paper.
Location is far from the center (30 min on the tube) but on the up side it is close to lots of stores, pubs, resturants and a supermarket on Seven sisters st. Also the tube is 2 min walk.
in general, i strongly recomend to pay a bit more and get better hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was a little worried about staying at this hotel as a number of reviews on here were less than favourable- however I was pleasantly surprised yes it is basic but I paid less than £50 for a double room on Easter weekend. The room was quite small but was comfortable enough. The location in Finsbury Park is excellent literally opposite the park and station so definitely recommended for anyone going to a gig there. Breakfast is provided nothing special toast and cereal like you get in hostels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo