“French Brasserie off top end of Marylebone High Street.”
Review of Odins - CLOSED

Odins
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: With more exquisite artwork than a Cork Street Gallery, Odins is a real one off. So instead of queuing for hours at the Tate Modern feed the tummy and sole at the same time at this unique restaurant. Odin's remains a firm favourite with Harley Street professionals and Fitzrovia locals alike. The interior combines comfortable furnishings with an impressive fine art collection to create a stylish but laid-back venue – ideal for long lunches and dinner with friends. The prix fixe menus represent excellent value for money and the diverse wine list caters for all tastes and budgets. Popular dishes from the Anglo-French menu include grilled Dover sole with parsley butter; pan-fried calves liver with bacon; and Dorset crab with avocado, ginger and tomato.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Small French Style Restaurant. Good food, good service. Has recently been refurbished much brighter and spacious but with the same good atmosphere. Odins Bistro next door to restaurant for less formal quick business lunch.
Great art work.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Re-visited this Marylebone favourite after it's recent refurbishment.. I must say what an absoulte delight.. from the warm welcome to the farewell the evening was absolutely great..

My Onion Soup was so flavoursome, it's so difficult to get this right, so many restaurants just serve up dishwater in a bowl, but Odin's got this bang on, my guest had the escargot, lots of warm garlic butter with tender snails, she even asked for more bread to soak up all that butter (luckily she had enough snails to give me just the one)

I never try to eat anything I might cook at home so always keep away from Chicken in restaurants, but the Black leg Chicken caught my eye.. lovely and moist with great depth of flavour in the tarragon sauce, my guest had the Omelette Arnold Bennett, unfortunately she finished it so quickly I didn't get a chance to try it but from empty plates we clearly both enjoyed our dishes. We shared the Creme Brulee for dessert which is always one of my favourites and it was one of the best i've eaten, crunchy topping with a lucious creamy vanilla custard.

The service throughout was very attentive but not intrusive, and it's nice to actually see a smile on the face of a waiter, Peter the Manager was very charming and helpful to us when we wanted to choose our wine, the list is very 'old-world' fasionable, my guest always likes a new world sauvignon, but quite frankly they all taste the same to me, so it's nice to see a list supporting just europe...Peter steared us in the right direction and we enjoyed a lovely pouilly fume.

I must say it's so difficult sometimes to change older established restaurants but I for one think they have made subtle yet measured changes to both the decor & menu - all for the better, I will definately recommend and be returning very soon.

WELL DONE ODIN'S !!

2  Thank DJS70
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This restaurant recently reopened. I had booked a 1.30 p.m. table for my annual lunch with a cousin. I arrived at 1.15 p.m., the table was ready and I sat and ordered a gin and tonic. The restaurant was not particularly busy, yet it took 15 minutes to arrive. Actually they had forgotten the order and it only came when I reminded them on the arrival of my cousin shortly before 1.30 p.m. I had specified Gordons - they gave us Tanqueray and charged £22.50.
We then ordered our main course, dover sole and liver. These took 30 minutes to arrive and the sole was oily, rubbery and overcooked and the liver mediocre. They didn't have the Muscadet I ordered from the wine list so we had to choose an alternative.
We asked to see the desert menu which was sort of thrown onto the table and despite many attempts to flag that we wanted to order the waiters appeared to have been trained in the art of avoiding all eye and signal contact with customers. After another 20 minutes we gave up and asked for the bill (by this time they were all hovering around a table near us at which what appeared to be the owner or maitre d' was eating his own lunch).
The waiter was Bruno and the cashier Nuno so now uno (you know) don't go there!
My wife and a friend went the same day to try out their sister restaurant, Lanagan's Brasserie off Piccadilly, where she discovered when her credit card bill arrived last week that they had charged her twice for the meal - £235.12 instead of £117.56. So it seems they, too, are experts at ripping off their customers.

2  Thank colkirk
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great Food, reasonably priced, but a but out of the way. The menu way typical french with escargout and lyonnaise salad :)

1  Thank KyleDebono
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Odin's reopened recently, and still looks much the same as before, which is good because it always had a lovely atmosphere. Service is friendly and good, even charming, if a bit overstretched when busy.
The new menu is disappointing - good mains, and very reasonable prices, but dull starters and only 4 sweets + cheese at a hefty £9. . The wine list is ill-described and almost exclusively French: it's hard to see how they can ignore Chile, Argentina, Italy, USA, Australia and New Zealand, to mention some of the more obvious omissions. The cooking is good, though, with well judged calves liver lyonnaise and tender onglet, sizzling well garlicked snails, and sharp blackcurrant sorbet. They say the menu is temporary, and we hope so, because it's the limitations that would prevent a revisit. And please do something about the wines!

2  Thank AnnabelB95