“Lovely place !”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've been here quite a few times and honestly it's one of the overall best. Great friendly service, some good wines, food is excellent, prices are reasonable. Faultless! Nice and relaxed atmosphere. I am eating there at least one time when in London.

2  Thank calin_yoz

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We booked this restaurant on the strength of Trip Advisor reviews and it didn't dissappoint. The menu was varied and interesting and a welcome departure from the norm. The black Cod was one of the finest dishes ever tasted. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank abvlewis
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I read on TA that this was the best Thai restaurant in London. On that advice we made a reservation and headed to Knightsbridge.
Patara is part of a chain around London and I'd guess they all do the same menu!?
If that's the case then I'd advise on taking a few quid with you as it's quite pricey. I paid £20 for a main I'd get for half that anywhere else!
Although costly the meal itself was really nice, the staff were attentive (when prompted) and the restaurant itself had a good feel about it.

1  Thank leeoliver
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this restaurant for my girlfriends birthday, mainly on the basis of reviews, as I hadn't eaten in this chain before. The atmosphere was nice, and the service very good. I thought the food was ok, but have had better Thai food elsewhere. I know it was in London, but it was pricey for what it was, would eat there again if invited. No wine prices on their website, but were actually reasonable (from £18)

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Every time I visit in Knightsbridge the food is excellent and without being extravagant it provokes my senses and manages to take me on a journey to Thailand. No tacky touristic decorations here, just the smiling and very busy Thai waiters who service a - usually - full house. What makes this place special is great quality fresh materials and an abundant use of the regional herbs and spices. Lemongrass, ginger and coconut permeate everything and spicy means really spicy here. I had spicy scallops drowned in their signature herbs & spices mixture and a braised beef that was just delicious. The desserts - as in most Asian places - are not my cup of tea. I gave it a try though and had a coconut tart with ginger ice-cream which wasn't bad, but didn't add anything to the experience either. The wine list is small and easy to handle, all essentials are there. Prices are a bit above average for such food, but then again the food is great and definitely worth trying it yourself.

2  Thank Nikos P

Been to Patara Fine Thai Cuisine - Knightsbridge? Share your experiences!