“Inexpensive breakfast”
Review of Giraffe - Kensington - CLOSED

Giraffe - Kensington
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Giraffe is a friendly all-day restaurant with a global twist serving legendary all-day breakfast dishes and a wide selection of main dishes for lunch or dinner including a choice of fantastic Burgers, Grilled Steak, Duck stir-fry, Freshly Healthy Salads, Mexican Burritos, Chicken Quesadillas, expertly made coffee, freshly made Smoothies, Cocktails, Wines and Beers.The little’uns won’t go hungry as there’s a great kids menu with crunchy chicken, veggies, pizza fingers, burgers, wraps and cottage pie. The restaurant in Solihull is warm and welcoming with a mix of tables and comfy booths which seat up to six people, you’ll be welcomed with a smile and look forward to enjoying your meal to the chilled sounds of world music
“Inexpensive breakfast”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We used this restaurant as an inexpensive breakfast substitute To the hotel. It worked out ok. Breakfast was good and is probably the cheapest in the area. Service was good also.

Visited December 2012

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Myself and a friend were staying the weekend in the area and were looking for a snack as we had already booked our evening meal. We had already walked past Giraffe and on the way back decided to give it a try, never heard of Giraffe before but we found out that they don't have a branch anywhere in Wales, wish they had one in Cardiff as we would certainly go there. We had a bruscetta sharing platter which was really nice. We also went back the following evening for a meal and drinks including a delicious cocktail. The staff were really friendly and service was very good. Couldn't fault it, my friend is coming back to London in a few weeks and intends to take her husband there.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank loxton
Belgium
“convenient and fast if you are in the area”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We needed a convenient and family friendly place to eat in the area, and we had
llaready tested the Giraffe chain elsewhere. We made a reservation before going for a walk in Kensington park and went back for lunch. On arriving we were foudn crayons and paper already on the table for our son. We all had the lunch (burger for most of us, falafel for one person). It was OK, nothing too special but still quiet tasty and well presented. There was a special menu for children. The bill was around 50 pounds including drinks.

• Visited November 2012
Kensington, Australia
“Good food, friendly staff”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife had read about the Giraffe restaurants before we left Australia, saw this one from the bus window, and decided it would be good to try it for lunch the next day. And it was good. There were two Vegetarian offerings in the special section of the menu (£5.95 each). I had the falafel and roasted red pepper quesadilla, she had the Mission Beach veggie salad. I gave her a slice of my quesadilla, and she gave me heaps of the salad because it was more than she could manage (both of us have small appetites). The wine-by-the-glass choices were good, especially as my wife loves NZ sauvignon blanc, which was one of the offerings.
Having discovered that this chain operates in all the large cities in the UK, I asked where else they are and was told "only Dubai". A bit far for us, I told the man I was speaking to; how about opening up in the major cities in Australia?

• Visited November 2012
Curacao
“Improving (getting back to where it was)”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is an update as I gave this restaurant a 2 star review late last year when we received terrible service and just had an all-around cruddy experience. We were back again this year and things have improved substantially - more similar to our original experiences in early 2011.

I should also mention that I was contacted by management (Vikki in marketing) after my review last year and they were eager to hear more. I sent a detailed email but didn't hear back from them - nevertheless it appears as if they took steps to improve things so hopefully they're back on track.

• Visited September 2012