“The deer in the window. Nothing more”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Caffe La Fiamma

Caffe La Fiamma
Ranked #1,531 of 22,375 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“The deer in the window. Nothing more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

The location is unreal - on the outskirt of the Bushy park. The interior is OK. But I was not pleased with the food. The pancake was cold, the clotted cream was from Tesco's. The food selection on the menu is awkwardly miniscue. You can't ruin good coffee, hence I enjoyed it. For the location like that - next to Hampton Court and by the entrance to the Bushy Park - I was expecting more. I fulheartedly wish them to improve for I would like to return one evening to see the promised deer wandering by the windows.

• Visited November 2013

Hampton, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and overvalued”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We ( 3) went there based on the good reviews we read here and because we live basically round the corner . As serious fans of Italian food we expected something better than the average Italian restaurant in London but have been rather disappointed. Very average and rather bland. As starter we had skewers of scallops (4 pieces), Pan-fried tiger prawns (4 pieces) and Calamari Fritti ( ca. 12 pieces) and two pizzas and pan-fried calves liver as main course. A bottle of house white, 1 grappa and expresso. With £ 110.00 rather overprices for average food. I had hoped to find an Italian near by where I could visit regularily but I guess I will give this one a miss.
A pity as the location is great and the surrounding area would provide wide clientele for a very good Italian. Looks like the owner don't get it and don't care.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Food ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant before going on to Hampton Court and Bushey Park and were surprised to see how quiet it was on a Saturday afternoon. This place serves great food, has attentive service and has great views over the park and it's deer. It's a real pity that it isn't busier.

London, UK
“Below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We came here for dinner one night, being great fans of the Italian cuisine. We expected solid good Italian food. We were really disappointed as all the food we had was very edible, but quite bland and nothing great about it at all - and I was looking for good points, I really was. The service was doing her job, but nothing else, she was clinical and anonymous. The bill came to £55 for a starter platter, 1 pasta & 1 pizza dish and 1 bottle of house wine - not cheap! We were so underwhelmed and cannot understand how other people keep raving about this place. I'd say they've never tasted real good Italian food before, even at the risk of sounding patronising. Sorry, but it just wasn't very good. Nothing.

• Visited October 2013
Paris, France
“Great overall experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This restaurant looks quite run of the mill from the outside. Inside its quite the opposite, it has a great interior, tastefully decorated and with wonderful views out onto the park. They have several tables at the back just beside French windows that open out onto the park where you can deer watch! I would recommend booking ahead and asking for a back window table.
The service was efficient and polite, the washrooms were very clean and what you could see of the kitchen looked very clean. The food was good, the bolognaise tasted very meaty unlike in some where they add too much soya meat to bring down costs.
I would recommend this restaurant for a nice night out without having to spend a fortune.

• Visited July 2013