“Been a few times when I fancy posh Pie & Mash”

Square Pie Company - Spitalfields
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nothing has really changed since my last review. Unless you sit outside seating is limited.

The pie are good but the accompaniments and the box they are in doesn't make you think the +£8 a meal is really worth it.

Still the pies are good, so a post payday visit isn't a major issue.

There are various outlets but this is the only one I've come across, so I can't comment about it being a chain. They have ovens at the back that you can see, so I'm assuming they are freshly baked (and there is a good choice...although I've not tried that many as I keep heading towards the steak and kidney...)

There are newer reviews for Square Pie Company - Spitalfields

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Not a fancy restaurant - just great pies plus lots to go with them, in Spittlefield market
Great place to get a more filling quick lunch while shopping!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I have been waiting all summer for the new "Square Pie" Restaurant to open at Westfield, Stratford.
When you approach the counter you are offered a wide selection of pies, an array of various accompaniments and also a couple of alternatives such as "Cumberland Sausages etc.
Wow what a disappointment, we both chose the "Steak & Guinness" Pie with regular mash, I had mushy peas and she had Baked Beans, After a couple of minutes I asked my girlfriend if she had any meat in her pie, she said about 2 teaspoons full, I said yeah I've got about the same.
What is the point of cutting back on the amount of filling? I would rather pay extra for a pie that is full to the brim with chunks of meat than be served "Fresh air Pie". The reason I am posting on the Spitalfields site is because I assume that the pies are made centrally and delivered to each restaurant. I think this Company needs to get its act together at Westfield as there are dozens of other restaurants in the vicinity. The unit that this Company took on was formerly a Sausages & Mash restaurant, it never lasted very long, unless the "Square Pie Company" pull their finger out they will go the same way.
I also think that the customer base at Westfield is totally different to " Canary Wharf" and Spitalfields.
Until someone personally tells me they had a great pie at any of their branches I will spend my money elsewhere.

squarepiehq, Owner at Square Pie Company - Spitalfields, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback Papajohn. I’m sorry to hear that on this occasion you haven’t seen our pies at their best. Our pies are made in small batches in our kitchen and we constantly monitor quality so not sure what happened here but we will get straight on it. Please can you drop me an email to alex@squarepie.com with your contact details including the day you visited us and your phone number so we can look into this and try and find out what happened and come back to you . Many thanks – Alex, Square Pie

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I assumed that this was just a standard pie shop, but I couldn't have been more wrong!
Four of us each had something different, and all thoroughly enjoyed our meals.
The pies and sides were all of excellent quality, and the staff were patient and friendly.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Lunch time-good find.Really enjoyed the pie of the day,and a nice place to people watch around the market.