“Nice atmosphere, average food”
Review of Souk Bazaar

Souk Bazaar
Ranked #8,380 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: It must be those of us who are too young to hit the hippy trail have a secret hankering to get away from it all in a kaftan. However, instead of jumping on a ferry from Southern Spain and heading for North Africa, we do it in our lunch hours and head for the nearest North African restaurant. Souk is very much like stepping into Morocco - all low seating, cushions, low lighting and vibrant colours. Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening they lay on belly dancing, and there is a dj after 11pm every night except Sunday and Monday (and every night during December!). Very Moorish if you are looking for a cheerful, cheap venue in the centre of town.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Lamb with prunes and apricots was far too sweet. Lamb with chick peas was not tender as it is supposed to be. Both dishes came cold and had to send them for reheating. With so many good places in London, find another place to go. 3 stars mainly for atmosphere and ok service.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I enjoyed the décor which is a little bit different but the food is very average and the service poor. When it came to paying the bill we had left a reasonable tip of about 10%. The waitress said that we had to pay the full 12.5% as per the bill. I said I thought the tip was optional but she had a different opinion. There is no way I would go back there.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went here for lunch with kids and friends. Interesting place. Sat at a table that was a bit small for six of us. The place was too dark for the middle of the day and it was very stuffy. However I have given it a 4 rating as the food was very nice and the service was good on the day we went there.

1  Thank Salti60
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very disappointed as this used to be one of my favourite restaurants. We ate at 5pm and the restaurant was quiet. The meat dishes for the main course were clearly reheated from the day before, as the chicken was hot on the outside, but cold in the centre. Both my partner and i had upset stomachs later, as a result. The cola was from a machine and barely drinkable, as it was so weak. This is such a shame as I have been eating here for years and the service and environment are great. I shall not be returning.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The restaurant itself seems very authentic, with the low seating, velvet curtains, fabric draped from the walls. The waiters were friendly and attentive. We were impressed that our waiter spent a long time giving us a lesson on how to use a shisha properly. We didn't order a main course, we ordered lots of mezze instead, which all tasted very good. It is on the pricey side, but worth it, as it is an experience. We will def be coming back here when we visit London again.

1  Thank Tamsin D