“Too fast too furious”

Joe's Brasserie
Ranked #8,432 of 23,228 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Relaxed, friendly atmosphere with cocktail bar, outside seating and private party rooms. Great food and wine at very affordable prices. Open for brunch at weekends.
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was surprised how popular this Brasserie was... It was too loud, overpriced and the staff were not very patient. It feels like you are in a fast food restaurant where as soon as you are done with your lot you have to leave. Same in Joe's
Gotta say that food was very good but not place where I will go again.

There are newer reviews for Joe's Brasserie

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We were looking for a quick meal with the family and were immensly impressed by the service, quality of food and all at an affordable price. Well done team; if only there were more less pretentious places around, we would all probably eat out more.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We had family visiting and chose to visit a restaurant in the area. From the outside, we decided on Joe's Brasserie. However, I have to say for the price of the food, I wasn't impressed. Firstly, I was vegetarian and felt they didn't have a great choice at all. Furthermore, when I ordered my main, the portion size was very small and I was left feeling hungry. We had dessert, my partner choosing the selection of cheeses and the few slices of cheese he received prompted laughter from around the table. There wasn't a great atmosphere either, I felt like we were expected to like the food and it was taken as a given by the waiting staff. I think it was perhaps a good thing we weren't asked if we enjoyed our meals. If you're looking in the area, there are lots of restaurants to choose from so please try others

1  Thank fabbedyfab
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I went to Joe's Brasserie as it was the first nice weather this evening in London in 2012. We walked down Wandsworth Bridge Rd and happened upon the restaurant.

Joe's has a nice atmosphere and large outdoor patio - which was nearly full when we arrived at 8pm. This is a great place for a nice summer meal or drink. In fact, the atmosphere is probably the restaurant's best aspect.

Our food was good, we ordered two appetizers and a main to share. The baked brie was breaded and yummy, while the chicken dumplings were tasty but smaller than expected for an appetizer, but not bad. For a main we ordered a greek-type dish of hummus and pita bread. It was unique and had an appealing taste.

The service was nice but slow. Some like this, but we would have liked it faster. The delay may have been because of the warm weather and not enough staff, but we waited for drinks to be refilled and it took forever to pay.

If you live in Sands in or Fulham, Joe's is a decent change. However, it's not worth traveling for and a place like Maison off Fulham rd is better for a comparable price. I may go back with a larger group because of the nice atmosphere, but like I said - would not recommend if you're traveling just for the meal.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Have been here about 10-15 times as I live nearby.

Sometimes I go for breakfast as they have an amazing full English breakfast.

Lunch is good too with some light dishes.

Their steak is well known for being good and it is good although pretty pricey. The burger is good and at lunchtimes I usually have the eggs benedict which is nice.