“The best roast rib and roast tatties!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant

The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #347 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant is one of the capital's most loved culinary institutions. Now over 50 years old and boasting a chic refurbishment by interior designer du jour Martin Brudnizki, The Rib Room remains the destination of choice for foodies in London. The menu has been reinvigorated by Michelin-starred chef Ian Rudge, with dishes like breast of Loomswood duck, honey crusted drum stick, pear, parsnip purée, shaved chestnuts and fig sauce, and old favourites such as the legendary Aberdeen Angus rib of beef. With a new keenly priced lunch menu including trolley service dish of the day and the return of Sunday lunch, The Rib Room offers memorable dining in distinctive surroundings. The striking interior features a glamorous cocktail bar, 3 private dining rooms, and a cigar terrace, with all offering an air of understated elegance. Artwork by Feliks Topolski decorates the restaurant, recalling famous faces and places of the 20th century. With an extensive wine list of more than 450 bottles compiled by head sommelier Louise Gordon, and a unique gin and bitters experience served by the spirited bartenders, The Rib Room is an all-round gourmet experience.
London, United Kingdom
“The best roast rib and roast tatties!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had nt been here for decades but it has been revamped and the bar is sophisticated and friendly.
We had been tempted back by a special offer of 3 courses and a glass of champagne for £35. With hindsight we should have skipped the starter and bread and just gone straight for the main. We both had the roast rib at a £10 supplement, with roast potatoes and vegetables. It came wonderfully rare as we had asked. The roast potatoes were wonderfully crispy, even better than I cook myself, suspect they may have been cooked in beef dripping which I would not do. We had a great bottle of a mad fish Pinot noir. Could nt eat dessert but managed the yummy choccies. Just lurve the orange truffle. Will definitely go back, even without the offer and would probably have the champagne or two as the starter and just the rib and veggies....and those wonderful roast potatoes...and the choccies.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
michele c, Manager at The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Lyn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feed back on trip advisor.

I am glad to find out that you had a good you lunch with us and that you will be back.

• Arabic first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in London!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

The service at this restaurant is impeccable, we were dinning with a child and the staff were very accommodating. The staff make this place extra special, they are such fun and understand that you want to have an experience and you are not there just to eat their mouth watering food.

On arrival we were met by the matradee who took our coats and showed us to our seats. We were sat near the window at a booth table, the restaurants sophisticated low level seating are a modern twist on the 30s era style that I alway feel like I could be Bette Davies, or maybe I just wish that :-)

The wine list is presented on an ipad which is used in many restaurants abroad nowadays, but haven't seen in London before which shows that this restaurant are willing to see how new technology can be used in modern dinning. This time we ordered the Moët and my glass is never empty. The service from the staff can not be faulted and is such that you never feel they are over powering, which can't be said for many other restaurants in London. From ensuring my glass is never empty to folding my napkin after I leave the table the staff are extremely attentive.

I ordered Oysters for starters. They were the best quality I had ever tasted, presented in a glass bowl of ice. The Bloody Mary sauce accompanied the Oysters perfectly with the slice of lemon. My table also ordered a Prawn cocktail which looked inviting too. Huge prawns in a rich creamy sauce, again presented in a glass bowl. For our main we ordered steak, mine of which was a fillet. Good quality cut and cooked medium rare (my choice), the perfect blend of tasty meat with a juicy middle yum! This time we shared a portion of chips and green beans as we didn't eat a lot of them last time and I am glad we did because it meant I had much more room for my steak. Delicious food. The child at our table ordered chicken nuggets and chips and enjoyed them.

Desert was a crumble soufflé, we didn't mind waiting the extra time for this as it was so light it tasted like sugary clouds. To end the meal at The Rib Room it is a tradition that you have a glass of brandy fm their brandy cart, we don like to disappoint :-) it has a well stocked brandy cart and cigar case. Just to make sure I was completely full this time I ordered a coffee to keep us awake till we or back to our hotel.

The best restaurant in London, and wish it was local to me. So, with that in mind, we will be back when next in the capital and would be very grateful that if you enjoyed this review and found it helpful, you press your mouse/finger on the little button that says YES. Thank you in advance x

4 Thank Lionbird1983
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feed back.

I am glad to read that you had a good time and you would return again.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great classics”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

If you like traditional Sunday roasts followed by sticky toffee pudding and retro classics such as prawn cocktail, souffle, steak with peppercorn sauce, this place is for you. Expensive, refined, everything is made from good quality ingredients. For less traditional types there is a seasonal menu where there are more interesting choices (scallops with lime caramel for example), however there are huge differences of portion size between the massive Sunday roasts and the more modern offerings. If you are very hungry, go for the classics.
If you are a vegetarian, I really do not recommend this place: considering there are three menus (Sunday lunch, seasonal, and classic), there is hardly any choice for veggies.
Fantastic desserts!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
michele c, Manager at The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Irene,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of your experience at the Rib room.
I am very pleased you had a good time and you thought that the food and the service were very good.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

An all round perfect experience.
The menu choice and content was fabulous, very rarely am i torn between 4-5 choices.
Decided on the sweetbreads to start, beef tartare intermediary and chicken with fois gras for main.
Needless to say I did not have dessert, but did polish off a cheeky bottle of Bierzo.
Service brilliant, food was some of the best cooking I have experienced.

Will be back for a burger and a cigar.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
michele c, Manager at The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Christopher,

Than you for taking the time to provide us with feed back in regards to your last experience at the Rib Room Restaurant.

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed both the food and the service.

I am looking forward to see you soon at the Rib Room.

kind regards
Morpeth
“A real treat for Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

late Sunday lunch in January - food very high quality and excellent service! would recommend for a special occassion

• Visited January 2013
Dear John,

Thank you very much for your feed back on your last experience with us.

I am glad you had a good time at the Rib Room.

Best regards