“Real Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Real Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

This restaurant is just 5 minutes up the road from Paddington Station and the National Theatre's site-specific play The Drowned Man.

The welcome was warm and the restaurant was busy but not overcrowded. Between the three of us we had the mixed starter plate which had a delicious combo of Hoummus, Tabouleh, Stuffed Vine Leaves and a couple of other items the names of which escape me. We supplemented that with an extra full portion of Tabbouleh. These were served with a large freshly baked piece of flatbread with chili and coriander salsa. Very delicious and filling. The bread alone should make this a reason to visit.

We each had a main, deepfried chicken, mixed grill and kebabs. The mains are huge and really one of them with the starters would have been enough for all three of us.

I had chips with my chicken and this was the one quibble - they were freshly made but once again they were from frozen. Fair enough, this is an Arabic Restaurant and chips are not a part of the traditional cuisine and rice is also offered but given the quality of everything else we were served I am sure they have the ability to make fresh fried potatoes.

Service was very good.

No alcohol is served so this will give you the chance to get a glass of their refreshing Lime and Mint. I recommend this place highly and will visit again when in the area.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank splitbulb

• Arabic first
“A special night to remember .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to eat here for our 5th wedding anniversary , it was the first time we've eaten at the restaurant and was delighted with the quick and polite service and mouth watering food . Prices range from £4-£12 with very generous portion sizes . As soon as you walk in to the restaurant you notice the beautifully designed Interior which takes you away to the middle east. The staff greet you at the door and make you feel very welcome . Whilst eating the owner (Abu Mazen) came to us and congratulated our 5 years ( my husband obviously told him when booking the table) he very kindly brought us a cupcake with a candle to commemorate our day which we had no idea he would do. A very pleasant man indeed. The food was flavoursome and delectable that we even took some home for our kids . We will definitely be going back soon, and recommend it to all.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Start_bright
Stafford, United Kingdom
“First try of Yemen, not the last..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Tried this on the spur of the moment with fairly low expectations. I was pleasantly surprised, the staff were helpful with the menu which included most things I had never heard of.

Had the mixed starter which was excellent, I had a lamb spicy dish which was delicious. I also had a jug of green drink, not sure what it was but it was lovely. There were six of us dining, 3 really enjoyed there meals and 3 were disappointed. This was mainly due to their choice from the menu. When you have little idea what you ordering, it is pot luck.

We will be returning next time we are in London as some of the dishes other diners had looked really interesting.

We didn't need to book a table.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank ryjoel
UK
“Authentic Yemeni food and excellent hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a very nice visit here during the bank holiday. An authentic Yemeni restaurant with many relaxing with shisha immediately outside and a very warm welcome indeed within. We shared the foul moudames with simply excellent freshly baked bread. My partner had fish makhbaza (charcoal grilled sea bass with spices) and I a vegetarian curry with rice. We both had cold drinks with our meal, mine based on lemon juice and fresh mint, which makes my mouth water just at the recollection. The service and hospitality were simply exemplary by all the staff and the boss thanked us several times for visiting his restaurant. We felt very relaxed and comfortable and we shall certainly return and recommend it to others for authentic Yemeni food and excellent hospitality.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nimitta
Southall, United Kingdom
“lamb mundi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

hello,

was here just earlier tonight on a quick meal visit, and will certainly be back again for a longer dine-for sure!.

well, I ordered the 'lamb mundi' and got to say the lamb was very tender well done, and tasted really nice. the rice which came with it also tasted unique.

the restaurant has a real arabic feel to it even being in london. the arabic channels were on, on everyone was pretty much speaking arabic. what a nice feel. no need to be in the middle east with this fine restaurant here!. the staff are pretty attentive and friendly, and the manager makes a warm welcome.

I hope to be back soon with a more in depth review.
im impressed with this restaurant.
a busy little interesting place.

love the arabic feeling all over this place!.

shukran to you all at queen of sheba!.
thank you.