“What a wonderful venue”

Ranked #8,434 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: Music, Mood, Wine and Food. Step back in time and soak up nightly live music 8-11. We are a live music brasserie style venue - Gypsy Swing, nostalgic accoustic swing, and world Gypsy music - 1930 Parisian soul in the heart of Battersea - table service and online table booking - ticketed concerts Sunday and Monday live music FREE entry before 8 £6pp music cover charge 8pm and after Thursday Friday Saturday - Tuesday Gypsy Swing Jam session Free - other ticketed events as per the QuecumBar web site gig listings Tropical garden and outside table seating and free parking
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was my first visit here. I went with regulars so thought I knew what to expect, but I was wrong; it was even better than I had anticipated. It's a small intimate bar, with staff that behave as though they are welcoming you into their home. Drinks are ordered by table service, so civilised but not expensive. And the music........what can I say, it's mesmerizing and a joy to both hear and see. The garden is magical, all fairy lights and lovely plants.
We didn't eat but will next time as it looked like good casual dining.
I can't wait to go back

There are newer reviews for Le QuecumBar & Brasserie

Reviewed April 23, 2013

From the minute we walked in and were greeted by the friendly and engaging lady behind the bar our evening got better and better. All the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly despite being busy all evening. Everyone in the place was made to feel special and welcome.

The music provided by Stephane Graffiti was sensational. The fiddle player set the place on fire with her enthusiasm and raw talent. Even the other guests were chatty and friendly.

We will definitely be returning despite the trip from Dorset! Worth every mile - I'd even walk there to have an evening as entertaining as this again!

For a taste of the music try this short video I took on the night - http://youtu.be/zrDNHaIjmNk

Chris

1  Thank Chris-Stanbury
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've now been here a couple of times with a small group of family/friends. I think it's a terrific place for a casual evening out. This is one of the more interesting areas of South London and this bar is certainly out of the ordinary. The first thing to stress is that you wouldn't come here for the food. It's OK, but rather school dinnery (the pork rillettes starter was the best thing in our party of four last weekend) and not always as hot as you'd want (though swiftly corrected if you ask!). What you do get, though, is top-class jazz, played in interesting, intimate and comfortable surroundings with reasonably-priced drinks, and something to eat while you're listening. Get in before 8.00 at a weekend and there's no cover charge for the music (£5 per head normally). A few decent bottles under £20. Service is friendly and enthusiastic. Best to book. Be away from the door if you don't like draughts and away from the stage if you want to talk. The music menu changes nightly. Serious stuff a la Django Reinhardt at weekends. Communal jam sessions early in the week. It's always busy - and deserves to be.

2  Thank forester99
Reviewed March 15, 2013

On the south bank, in Hammersmith, there is is a hidden gem - that is if you like gypsy jazz, manouche jazz, Django Rheinhard - this excellent jazz goes by many names. Most evenings you can enjoy this mix of cool and swing in a true copy of a Parisian art nouveau cafe. The staff is friendly, the food is ok, and most of the guests add to the atmosphere by being real music buffs. I especially like their Tuesday night jam sessions. Find out how to get there from central London on their website.

1  Thank Niels A
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you like good food, do not eat here. it's a shame as the atmosphere and venue is lovely. Great music, so I would suggest this is somewhere to go after dinner.

Over priced food for the quality. Everything was doused in garlic, which makes me wonder if the chefs know how to cook. My main of Chicken Peri Peri had no traces of Peri Peri instead it was braised chicken in Garlic. Vegetables were cold and over cooked. I wouldnt have been surprised if they were re-heated vegetables left to go cold.

A real shame as so much effort has been put into a creating a warm and friendly atmosphere and it is clear that good music is the reason why people love going there. So the rating I must stress is for food only, otherwise it I would rate the Le Quecum much higher.

1  Thank Lucy V B