“Superb Dinner ”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Kensington and Hyde Park
Transit: Underground: Piccadilly
Description: Overlooking Kensington Gardens, the stylish Park Terrace Lounge at the Royal Garden Hotel serves a quintessentially English Afternoon Tea in relaxed and informal surroundings.Enjoy the Kensington Tea with freshly made finger sandwiches, raisin and cinnamon scones, delicate cakes and fine leaf tea from £31 per person. Or for those wanting to add a touch of sparkle, try the Royal Tea with a glass of champagne from £41 per person. Created by Executive Head Chef Steve Munkley, discreet, friendly service adds to a dining experience with all the frills but none of the fuss, making this is the perfect setting to unwind after a day spent shopping or for a special treat. The resident pianist adds further enjoyment with live music played Tuesday to Sunday. Afternoon Tea is served Monday to Thursday between 2.00Pm and 5.30Pm and Friday to Sunday 1.00Pm to 5.30Pm at Park Terrace Lounge. Awarded the prestigious 'Awards of Excellence' by The Tea Guild in 2012
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Superb food, superb wine, superb service, superb staff- consummate professionals ! A truly memorable and delicious Birthday dinner. We cannot more highly recommend this wonderful restaurant and are looking forward to returning soon .

There are newer reviews for Park Terrace Restaurant Lounge and Bar

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We love Travelzoo, and bought a voucher for a three course meal at the Royal Garden Hotel, after a matinee performance at the National Theatre. All of the staff were attentive, warm and friendly. We had a delicious cocktail to start, I highly recommend the Clapham Comfort! I am a vegetarian, and am often disappointed by the veggie options in restaurants, I had the red pepper soup for starter, my husband is a hot blooded carnivore and he tried my soup and loved it too..... He had the scallops ( his favourite starter), and said they were the cooked perfectly! My husband had the steak for his main, I had the cheesecakes, again, these dishes were delicious. I'm a chocoholic, but also love salted caramel, I chose the vanilla and cheese strudel with salted caramel ice-cream, and I wasn't disappointed, it was simply divine.....we had not read the small print on the voucher, so got a lovely surprise when the cheese board and petit fours arrived. The service was second to none, I would definitely return (and hope to) to this restaurant, and would happily pay full price for this menu. All in all, a fabulous evening!

1  Thank Jayne_Bond1973
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Had a meal at the above last week, this was done through Travelzoo, so was a lot cheaper but it was a really great meal. We went there a couple of years and wondered what it would be like now but it was just as good.

The food is excellent and the service was very good. friendly but efficient.

It is really worth a try and if you can get the travelzoo voucher it is even better

Reviewed August 13, 2014

How many more superlatives can I add to what others have rightly said about this restaurant. I have taken advantage of many good deals but this is definately one of the best. From the cocktails to the food the staff the restaurant everything was perfect. The restaurant is bright and tastefully decorated. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. The extra cheese course and petit fours with coffee just prove that the chef and staff go that extra mile to give their customers an excellent dining experience. The restaurant is fully wheelchair accessible set within the environs of the plush royal garden hotel. But would I go again........ Don't dare try and stop me.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We went here for a meal before a prom at the Royal Albert Hall. The food was lovely and the service attentive without being intrusive. Although at the time we went the rest