“Super Service - ok food!”

Park Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 23,994 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Kensington and Hyde Park
Transit: Underground: Piccadilly
Description: Overlooking Kensington Gardens, the stylish Park Terrace Lounge at the Royal Garden Hotel serves a quintessentially English Afternoon Tea in relaxed and informal surroundings.Enjoy the Kensington Tea with freshly made finger sandwiches, raisin and cinnamon scones, delicate cakes and fine leaf tea from £31 per person. Or for those wanting to add a touch of sparkle, try the Royal Tea with a glass of champagne from £41 per person. Created by Executive Head Chef Steve Munkley, discreet, friendly service adds to a dining experience with all the frills but none of the fuss, making this is the perfect setting to unwind after a day spent shopping or for a special treat. The resident pianist adds further enjoyment with live music played Tuesday to Sunday. Afternoon Tea is served Monday to Thursday between 2.00Pm and 5.30Pm and Friday to Sunday 1.00Pm to 5.30Pm at Park Terrace Lounge. Awarded the prestigious 'Awards of Excellence' by The Tea Guild in 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I used a deal to dine here after a days Xmas shopping - I didn't have the voucher code which should have been an issue - the staff were fantastic and let me use their pc to sort this out.
my sister and i enjoyed a 4 course dinner - the starters (crab lasagne & squid dish) were extremely tasty. The rest of our food, steak and venison, and desserts were average in taste though very well presented! The wine list reasonably priced.
The service however was top class, attentive without being intrusive.
It was a Monday evening, so the atmosphere was a little lacking but the outstanding service made this an enjoyable experience.

1  Thank 190KarnB

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We went for a friends birthday and I was apprehensive as we are quite young and it has a very bland feel to the venue.
The meal was fine until my main course, im not sure what was in it but it had many small hard bits in it and they really hurt my teeth and repulsibly I had to spit out my food. This could easily have been sorted but instead the waitress took my meal away to show the chef, granted I was almost finished but I hadn't! I didnt get my meal back, all I got was a snide sorry from the manager and thats it. Paying £30 for a meal like that was not ideal and I hate to leave negative comments but I have came away from the meal very annoyed and unimpressed.

1  Thank natalie h
Graham B, General Manager at Park Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your dining experience at Park Terrace Restaurant and did not find the food quality up to our usual 5-star standards. Please accept my apologies if you feel that any member of the staff didn't offer the service that you expected. I have passed your remarks to our Food & Beverage Director who will be monitoring the food standards closely and will ensure that your comments are investigated.

Kind regards,

Graham Bamford

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was a Travelzoo deal and an amazing experience. Lovely service, amazing cocktail and food included in the deal. No issue with tap water and plenty of bread as required. I would love to come here again if a deal is available as expensive without. My only issue would be the cost of wine but not surprising at such a quality eating establishment. All staff are a credit to the restaurant. Congratulations to the chef too!

1  Thank DebbieOxfordshire
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was a Travelzoo offer. We have gone there twice in the last year. Each time the food was really good and service helpful, efficient and unobtrusive. The restaurant is very comfortable with a view into Kensington Gardens giving it a rural feel.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Four of us spent the most wonderful evening here last evening and had an amazing meal, definitely one of the best meals I have ever had in a restaurant. We took advantage of a Travelzoo voucher but would be more than happy to pay the full price here. If you are lucky enough to eat here try the Cromer Crab lasagne, you will not be disappointed. The service was also fantastic and the cocktails were off the scale. We will most definitely be back