“pre-theatre supper” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Terrace Restaurant Lounge and Bar

Park Terrace Restaurant Lounge and Bar
Ranked #26 of 21,792 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Kensington and Hyde Park
Transit: Underground: Piccadilly
Description: Overlooking Kensington Gardens, the stylish Park Terrace Lounge at the Royal Garden Hotel serves a quintessentially English Afternoon Tea in relaxed and informal surroundings.Enjoy the Kensington Tea with freshly made finger sandwiches, raisin and cinnamon scones, delicate cakes and fine leaf tea from £31 per person. Or for those wanting to add a touch of sparkle, try the Royal Tea with a glass of champagne from £41 per person. Created by Executive Head Chef Steve Munkley, discreet, friendly service adds to a dining experience with all the frills but none of the fuss, making this is the perfect setting to unwind after a day spent shopping or for a special treat. The resident pianist adds further enjoyment with live music played Tuesday to Sunday. Afternoon Tea is served Monday to Thursday between 2.00Pm and 5.30Pm and Friday to Sunday 1.00Pm to 5.30Pm at Park Terrace Lounge. Awarded the prestigious 'Awards of Excellence' by The Tea Guild in 2012
Hornchurch, England, United Kingdom
“pre-theatre supper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We enjoyed a absolutely lovely meal this week before we went to a show at the Royal Albert Hall. Food was delicious service was great and excellent value for money. We will definately be back

• Arabic first
Swansea, Wales
“Delicious food,well presented”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant for our wedding anniversary after looking for somewhere special on Trip Advisor. We probably wouldn't have gone there on impulse as it is situated inside a large hotel so cannot be seen easily from the outside.
The meal was superb - the highlight being the beautiful soft bread served before the starters. We liked the focaccia so much we asked for more! I had the Charlotte of Ragstone followed by the haddock which was delicious especially the tasty pea ravioli. My husband went for the equally tasty beef fillet followed by the belly pork. The desserts were to die for although we had to have a short break as we were so full! My husband had the Royal Garden trio and I had the White Chocolate marquis.
The service was great - very helpful staff, beautifully turned out. At the end we were served a plate of delightful petit fours which we did not have room for so asked to take them home. Imagine our delight when they brought another plate for us to take home too - with Happy Anniversary piped on the largest biscuit.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant although it was rather quiet and slightly lacking in atmosphere which didn't bother us as we were there for a romantic meal for two.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Simply superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

To put it simply, one of the best meals we've eaten anywhere, and that includes The Inn at Little Washington, Blue Hill - Farm and NYC, Thomas Keller's Bouchon...each item prepared with thought, appeal and an eye toward presentation, and the taste exceeded all of the expectations those created. Thanks so much for a wonderful dinner.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ate lunch in the Park Terrace restaurant today and had a terrific meal.
Ther were only a few diners in the restaurant when we arrived and only a couple of tables were occupied when we left a couple of hours later. This was fine for us. The restaurant is spacious, light and well situated in the hotel and although the view leaves something to be desired the food more than makes up for any shortcomings in that department.
I was told that the menu changes often depending on the availability and freshness of the ingredients, and I must say that the choice on offer for each course were very well thought out and constructed. I started with chorizo and chicken terrine which was served on soda bread, this was very tasty and well seasoned. My main course was belly pork in a five spice sauce which was subtle and not over flavoured as it could easily have been. The pork was succulent and tender. The accompanying potato croquettes were a nice addition. My wife's starter was smoked salmon mousse served with micro leaf salad, and creme fraise sauce and Melba toast. Her main course was duo of fish, Sea bass and Haddock today, on a pea purée and assorted fresh vegetables with a potato cake it looked a picture and tasted absolutely fantastic. After a considerable rest period we ventured on to the deserts, I had the cheese board consisting of British cheeses,a young creamy Goats cheese, and I think a Neal's Yard cheddar and one other superb firm cheese served with home made crackers. My wife's choice was Chocolate a pear tart with vanilla ice cream which was actually a rich smooth chocolate tart served with caramelised pears and ice cream and was absolutely delicious. Executive Head chef Steve Munkley should be congratulated on the choice and execution of such a wonderful menu, this, alongside the wonderful attentive waiting staff made for a wonderful lunch. Oh I haven't mentioned that the price for this superb lunch was a fantastic £20 plus VAT per head. Surely a hidden treasure in the heart of Kensington. We can't wait to return and I would strongly advise anyone who loves exceptional cooking to visit soon.
One small point. My wife booked this lunch as part of a birthday celebration for me and gave our house landline as a reference for confirmation, yesterday the restaurant telephoned my personal mobile to confirm the reservation,I suppose they had my number on their computer from a previous visit but this could have spoilt the surprise.

Ingatestone, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Like a previous reviewer we were here on a Travelzoo voucher. Frankly,it was one of the best deals I can recall. We started off with cocktails (up to a value of £9.50 ). The decor is modern and comfortable. Service was attentive and swift. My wife had asparagus and I had beef fillets as starters -both excellent. She had haddock for her main and I had a very tasty t bone hallibert. My rubarb panacotta was delicious. We were then given a cheese course with Neals Yard cheeses. - all washed down with an fresh German reisling - Boy were we full ! I would definatley go back again

1 Thank ALANJL55