“5 star in every way”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Kensington and Hyde Park
Transit: Underground: Piccadilly
Description: Overlooking Kensington Gardens, the stylish Park Terrace Lounge at the Royal Garden Hotel serves a quintessentially English Afternoon Tea in relaxed and informal surroundings.Enjoy the Kensington Tea with freshly made finger sandwiches, raisin and cinnamon scones, delicate cakes and fine leaf tea from £31 per person. Or for those wanting to add a touch of sparkle, try the Royal Tea with a glass of champagne from £41 per person. Created by Executive Head Chef Steve Munkley, discreet, friendly service adds to a dining experience with all the frills but none of the fuss, making this is the perfect setting to unwind after a day spent shopping or for a special treat. The resident pianist adds further enjoyment with live music played Tuesday to Sunday. Afternoon Tea is served Monday to Thursday between 2.00Pm and 5.30Pm and Friday to Sunday 1.00Pm to 5.30Pm at Park Terrace Lounge. Awarded the prestigious 'Awards of Excellence' by The Tea Guild in 2012
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Went to the restaurant with a colleague who had purchased a Travelzoo coupon for £59. As in previous reviews the coupon entitled you to a predinner cocktail, starter, main course, dessert, cheese and biscuits, coffee and petit fours. I was sceptical that you would get what you paid for and that staff would try and push wine sales to make up for the reduced price of the meal. Every single course was delicious and the staff attentive but not overbearing. The trio of desserts was a personal favourite. A very pleasant experience that I would fully recommend.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had a Sunday lunch at the Park Terace with my boyfriend and two friends. Waiting for our friends, my boyfriend and I had nice cocktails and we were treated very well by a very kind Italian guy from the restaurant reception.
During the lunch the service was not good as during the aperitif. The waiter was very slow and he wasn't able to understand the appropriate time to clear the table (he was always asking whether or not my friend have finished his appetizer. However, the fish was well cooked and the tiramisu' was amazing. I noticed that they have a wonderful selection of desserts.

In any case, I think I will go back to this restaurant in the future, also in order to try the afternoon tea that sees amazing!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had dinner here on the 13th april 2013, it was through Travelzoo so it was a fraction of the original price, we were able to choose from the a la carte menu 3 course plus breads at the beginning then cheese and biscuits then coffee. We also had a cocktail to begin with included in this price

It was fantastic the best we have had for a long time could not fault it at all. We would go again even if we had to pay the full price, certainly worth a visit and if you can get it through travelzoo or similar go for it.

1  Thank wondermum
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We used a voucher bought with travelzoo and had an amazing experience! Firstly we were greated by a hostess(Renata) which gracefully and professionally(with a big smile!) led us to the bar for a coquetel.
Then Antonio(bar staff) also professional and very friendly patiently explained all the drinks we questioned.
Finally Salvatore(waiter) -another example of dedication, professionalism and enthusiasm! - served our dinner.
These three staff should be awarded for their excellence!
The food was excellent and been lucky to have had Renata, Antonio and Salvatore serving us top up to a flawless evening at the Park Terrace Restaurant!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We visited the restaurant after purchasing a Travelzoo voucher which entitled us to a pre-dinner cocktail, starter, mains, dessert, cheeses and petit fours. The food was delicious, wellbeautifully presented and the portion sizes were good. I would highly recommend the starter of smocked haddock roulade with risotto and fried egg yolk as well as the cocktail Henry's Wing. The staff were friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The menu is on the pricey side but it was well worth it and I would certainly visit Park Terrace again.