“Afternoon Tea”

The service was impeccable

the price was extreme
If you can not afford it ....borrow ...its worth it

2  Thank exempt5
Morten S, Hotel Manager at The Park Room, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience at The Park Room for Afternoon Tea recently.

Thank you for taking time to write a review here on TripAdvisor, your comments are truly valued.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Sincere regards,

There are newer reviews for The Park Room

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Great place for afternoon tea and evening nightcap! Also a good place to people watch. Next to the US Embassy

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a gorgeous midweek day.we we greeted by a welcoming waiter who showed us to our table. He gave us menu then took our order. He explained what the tea would entail.there were 3 in our party.our waiter brought over our three tier tea stand.we received two to share between us and we were able to select from a varied tea menu
Our tea stands had a wide selection of sandwiches.There was something to appeal to everyone. All tasted fresh and yummy but we all thought the cucumber sandwiches were a bit insipid.Our waiter was solicitious but never intrusive
He then brought over another selection of sandwiches.All different from the first so in all we had 8 varieties of lovely sandwiches.We were just about to tackle the gorgeous looking sweet treats on our stands when our waiter brought over warn raisin and plain scones.These came with clotted cream and four kinds of jam.They tasted absolutely divine and were a beautiful indulgence.The waiter saw to our every request bringing us extra tea and anything else we needed.The mini cake treats all looked very appetising.I had a lemon posset which was heavenly whilst my daughter enjoyed a raspberry and choc mousse.By now we were feeling very full but there was still more to come.In the centre of the dining area was a table filled with large cakes.We were unable to eat this as part of our tea but a waitress boxed up 4 huge slices of these cakes to take away. This afternoon tea was absolute bliss. Other than the boring cucumber sandwich I cannot fault the food and service
We had a wonderful time and would thoroughly recommend this venue and cannot wait to return as soon as possible.

2  Thank Lor28C
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The beautiful Park Room is a wonderful setting for afternoon tea overlooking Hyde Park. The service is excellent, the food is lovely, and the atmosphere warm and inviting.

Morten S, Hotel Manager at The Park Room, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at The Park Room.

We truly appreciate your comments and do hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I travelled to London on Saturday 22nd March with his mother for her 70th birthday. We had planned lunch, a show and afternoon tea.
The lunch (Langham's Brasserie) and the show (Spamalot) were both fantastic and we were very excited for our afternoon tea in the park room and library.
On arrival we were very happy the room was beautiful and we were a little early so we were seated in the Red Bar (also beautiful) for drinks.
When it came to the time of our booking we were not collected from the bar I had to go and ask if our table was ready and I was told they weren't sure - so I asked if someone could find out.
I was told yes so I went to get the rest of my party from the bar - when we arrived we were still not shown to a table I had to ask again. All of this was ok but a little frustrating.
When we sat down we waited for quite a while (15 minutes) before anyone came to take our order. We order 3 Anna's afternoon tea (two with champagne, one brut one rose). The tea probably took 10 minutes during which time no-one acknowledged we were there. When the tea arrived we waited another 10-15 minutes before any food arrived. Once the food arrived it was very unclear what was what - there were 3 of us and we had 2 trays no-one had explained why and the lady who brought the food could not speak English very clearly so we couldn't understand what she said. We waited for 5 minutes before we asked someone if we were supposed to be sharing 2 of things between 3 people? She said she didn't know it was her first day - again I asked if she could find out. No-one came to tell us so we began eating feeling pretty deflated.
The tea was lovely (Lady Earl Grey) however we were extremely dissapointed with the savoury food. The sandwiches were very basic and the bread on some of them was beginning to go hard (we were booked for 17.30 so had we had old sandwiches). The selction of cakes was good and we cut them up to share and there was plenty of food for us.
After eating some of the sandwiches and cakes we told one of the waitresses we were disappointed. Whilst we were eating cakes they came along with more savoury sandwiches (again basic and dry bread) which we were confused about and didn't eat. Then when we were finished after some time they brought sweet scones. We did eat one of they were noce but by this time we were just wanting to leave.
No one had cleared our table, no-one had asked if we were ok and this is not acceptable service (or food) from this hotel - charging nearly £50 for afternoon tea! Not good, it was bad ending to a lovely day.

Morten S, Hotel Manager at The Park Room, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your experience here with us at The Park Room for Afternoon Tea.

Please note that I have responded to you via private message also, as I would like to better understand the experience you had while with us.

Kind regards,