“Great night”

Neighborhood: Mayfair
Cross street: Hyde Park Corner
Transit: Underground: Marble Arch, Hyde Park Corner and Green Park
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Fantastic evening, salmon to start, filet mignon for main, orange chocolate cheesecake for desert. This has to be the best meal I have eaten in a restaurant. Wine and champagne was flowing.
Wonderful

1  Thank Breckland2402

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early but were made welcome and shown to our table straight away. The sandwiches, cakes and scones were all lovely with plenty of choice. The champagne was excellent and was amazed on researching the brand, that it was available in Lidl for under £15. A bit disappointed at first that it wasn't a recognised brand, however it tasted fine and the waiter kept our glasses topped up throughout the one and a half hours. All in all a really nice experience and excellent value with the £35 online offer.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I had some time to kill before our room was ready and we had the opportunity to have a drink and a bite to eat. We had a nice assortment of finger sandwiches and delicious tea served in the traditional English manner. Very good service and a chance to relax with piano music in the background.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The offer we had at the Grosvenor House Hotel was an unlimited champagne afternoon tea and was good value, however the venue is very faded glamour and the hotel could do with a refurbishment/spruce up. We unfortunately had to wait more than 30 minutes between our first round of sandwiches and scones during which time we had run out of Tea and also champagne. When our food was delivered there was also a hair on the plate, this was immediately changed but it was off-putting. The sandwiches and food were satisfactory, not the best I have had but certainly not the worst. The champagne was very quaffable.
On the whole a nice afternoon, but I would not recommend it unless the unlimited champagne offer was running again. There are better afternoon tea venues out there with more efficient service and superior food.

1  Thank Jodes67
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went here with my husband and 17 year old twins for afternoon tea. The food was all delicious and the waiter continually gave us more sandwiches, scones and tea. As it was my birthday I was also presented with a fruit tart on a plate decorated with happy birthday in chocolate. The staff ll sung to me which as very sweet. The price is a bit steep but was a nice treat. No problem with taking left over cakes and scones home!

2  Thank Jaycex