“One of my fav ramen places ”

Kanada-Ya - Panton Street
Ranked #1,734 of 28,447 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

We headed over on a Thursday and didn’t have to queue, even around half six/seven. The restaurant itself is small so you want to get there early if you can, especially on Fridays and weekends.

I ordered the Tonkotsu X as recommended with hard noodles, and it was completely delicious. I’ve been around five times and have never been disappointed. Our waiter was very friendly, too!

It’s authentic ramen that makes me really nostalgic for Japan. I’ll be heading back here for sure.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (184)

Reviewed August 1, 2019

We ordered tonkatsu with extra egg and seaweeds and it never disappointed us it brings back the memory of japan. We always comes back here so far best ramen in the city

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 21, 2019

Excellent for pre-theatre in the Haymarket area. Arrived at 5.30pm and walked straight in. Ramen was as expected, tasty broth, fried chicken and gyoza well done, good value sake too. Don't know can't the other branches, but Panton Street does the job!

Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

Im going to have to start off by just saying this. Eat here, please for the love of ramen just visit.

We had very patient, attentive and nice staff, the location is great, clean and cozy. But the ramen here is AMAZING. While not super traditional it is by far one of the best if not the best ramen restaurants I have visited in Europe. Every bowl was magical, the monthly special was out of this world good, and the truffle ramen close to perfection! The noodles are bouncy and manages to really soak up the broth, the meat is perfectly cooked and the veggies tasty and flavorful! Also don’t forget to taste the truffle edamame!

I would 100% visit again and I hope you do too!

Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

This popular place even impressed critical Japanese friends; we loved the flavoursome broth & ramen with varying combinations of additional ingredients. It was like eating real soul food. Prices are very reasonable for the quality, staff are calmly efficient so we definitely plan to revisit again soon.

Date of visit: June 2019