“UNDERWHELMING”
Review of Ladbroke Arms

Ladbroke Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
Ladbroke Arms is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,078 of 27,514 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed February 14, 2019

I have been coming to this pub since 1978 (...yes,really), when it was a fashionable boozer for the bohos and gentry of the area. It's always been a great pub. it is situated in a pretty but increasingly pretentious area. Over time, it's food has mirrored this pretentiousness and I have accepted that. Until now. I write my first ever Tripadvisor review because I had the most underwhelming experience with my friends there recently. The menu is limited... not necessarily a problem. But the value for money is a joke. 6 tiny morsels of venison with some red cabbage, a patty of artichoke and a few blackberries for £27!! sitting on rickety chairs around a cramped, sticky old pub table and being served by staff who would really prefer to be somewhere else and who don't attempt to care for their customers' concerns. £27 for a single course in a boozer...yes, really.
The beer is always good here and there are some nice regulars but be careful not to get ripped off by the dining experience - unless you have money to burn.

Date of visit: January 2019
Magdalena S, General Manager at Ladbroke Arms, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Gerarad H,

I am very disappointed to hear that you felt like like you did not have an enjoyable time here at the Ladbroke.
However i do greatly appreciate you sparing the time to elaborate your concerns.

We take pride in serving all of our dishes and our Venison Haunch is one of our most loved meals here at The Ladbroke.
The Venison due to the cut of the meat is slightly higher priced compared to some of our other dishes available on the menu.

We do offer a wide range of interesting dishes with delicious flavors that may not be available in local pubs near by.

I hope in the future you will consider visiting us again.

Your comments will be passed on to the team and we will discuss how we will move forward with ensuring this does not re occur in the future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

Had some lovely food at the pub today. The chef was very accommodating to my needs and changed the menu to suit me. My waitress suggested a lovely wine by the glass (Pharos for anyone visiting!). A lovely evening had by all!

Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

I went to Ladbroke arms twelve years ago for the first time, and I kept going at least once per year, and every time I find it at the same surprising level! Food and beer at the top, plus a great atmosphere that makes it more than a simple pub!
A must for everyone in the neighborhood

Date of visit: January 2019

Thank you dearly for taking the time to write this review.

i am glad you always enjoy your time with us here at The Ladbroke.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

The Ladbroke Arms is in Notting Hill, easy to reach by subway station „Holland Park“.
This place is just amazing.
Watch out - you should reserve for dining.
Very friendly stuff.
Have a look on the menue. The creative chef is just outstanding!
And it taste great too!
Must visit! Small place and easy to miss.
Next to Notting Hill Police Station (opposite)

Date of visit: November 2018
Magdalena S, General Manager at Ladbroke Arms, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2019

Thank you so much.

Magdalena

Reviewed December 5, 2018

Very disappointed with the Sunday 'roast' - it was basically 2 bacon-rashed slices. For the price (£22) I was expecting a at least 12oz of steak...

Date of visit: December 2018