“Excellent Food Excellent Service”
Review of Lal Qila Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Lal Qila Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Lal Qila Indian restaurant was established in 1983, since then Lal Qila has become the popular choice for the City people. Lal Qila specialise in all authentic Indian cuisines using the finest of ingredients. We have a variety of Indian dishes with recommendations from our renowned chef.Lal Qila Indian restaurant offers a more sophisticated dining experience for those who are seeking to explore beyond the ordinary and discover the full potential of Indian fine dining. The Menu takes you on a journey across the different regions of Indian subcontinent to present a superb combination of vibrant dishes. And from the many regional variations of Indian cooking that provide a wide choice of cooking styles, the head chef has matched each dish with a style to bring out the distinct flavours and fragrances of the dish to tantalise the senses.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great food and very friendly service. Chris gives great banter and makes you feel very welcome. Would recommend anyone to visit.

2  Thank Nickpompey66

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Had dinner here with my husband on Saturday 5th July, great food lovely atmosphere and Chris made us feel very welcome with a personal touch. He introduced himself to everyone with a cheeky smile and got on first name terms without being pushy.

The restaurant was very busy nearly all the tables were full, and as soon as a table became free it would be filled. We booked our table online via Trip and I'm glad we did.

Definitely would recommend this lovely place and will return again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went here on Saturday night having seen the glowing reviews on here. All things considering, it wasn't Indian I've ever had, and have had far better up in Bradford, Manchester and Glasgow!
We had lamb tikka to share to start (although the waiter tried to make us have a mix starter to share), and then Tandoori Chicken and a Chicken Shaslik as the sizzlers coming out of the kitchen when we were deciding looked good. Both were fine, but nothing special. The service was good, with friendly waiters.
It was however, very cheap considering central London. Less than £5 for a large Cobra which is cheaper than most Indians I've been too. £50 for popadoms, 1 starter, 2 mains, extras and 4 Cobras!
All in all, it was fine but nothing special.

1  Thank chorleymike
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Outstanding!

I traveled to London for my honeymoon last week, and I decided to check out this restaurant because I saw that it had overwhelmingly positive reviews on TripAdvisor. The reviews were right!

The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was just lovely.

The naan bread, papadum, and chicken tikka masala were the best I've ever had!

Definitely check this place out if you're in London and enjoy good Indian cuisine. I will be back there next time I visit!

1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I had heard only great things about this restaurant before my visit. Somehow it still managed to exceed my expectations. My server, Chris, was very helpful and outgoing. The food was unbelievably delicious and the atmosphere is very comfortable. 10/10 would recommend!

1  Thank Rosanne H