“AVOID!”
Review of Tibits

Tibits
Ranked #1,097 of 28,445 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This so called restaurant is a complete scam!

It's VERY over priced for the "food" they offer. Pasta, potatoes and rice are extremely cheap ingredients and yet they find a way to charge you 15+ pounds PER PLATE! All the dishes are cheap, cold and tasteless, my partner and I struggled to finish what we had (we only ate it all because in total it cost us 70 pounds!).

Everything is charged by weight,but the plates themselves are weighted so before you place any food on them you will be charged 5+ Pounds.

This place is a complete scam, do not believe the paid for reviews, as a Londoner I'll tell you the truth, AVOID THIS PLACE and spend your hard earned cash somewhere else.

Date of visit: August 2019
Maddietibits, Guest Relations Manager at Tibits, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi George, thanks for leaving us another review. Again, we're sorry to hear you weren't happy with your visit.

We've been brainstorming, creating, trying, and sharing vegan and vegetarian dishes with our valued guests in London for over ten years, so we welcome feedback from everyone. Hopefully you were able to chat to some of the team on the day about your concerns, I know they're more than happy to make sure every guest enjoys their tibits experience in every aspect. If you didn't, just drop me an email and let me know which date you visited the restaurant, and if possible which of the forty or so dishes from the boat you and your girlfriend tried.

I would also just like to re-clarify, that the plates are not included in the weight and that we also don't pay for any of our reviews.

If you'd like a more direct email, you can reach me on info@tibits.co.uk and hopefully we can reach a happy resolution on the above.

Kindest
Maddie Blake
Sales, Events and Guest Relations Manager
tibits

Write a reviewReviews (1,774)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food was good but I didn’t find it anything to rave about... although the desserts (apple pie, cheesecake and sticky toffee pudding) were delicious! Not a huge selection of foods but not a bad experience.

Date of visit: August 2019

Hi Sophie, thanks for the review!
Sorry to hear you weren't thrilled by many of the options on the boat on this visit. We will be changing over to our new Autumn menu at the end of next week so maybe pop back in after and you'll find some new dishes to try!
The sticky toffee however, is a classic. Make sure you try some of our molten chocolate pudding next time your in, it's my fave ;)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for an early dinner with family. Loads of great vegan options and loved that you pick buffet style and pay by weight. Really friendly and helpful staff and a great experience. Would go again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Maddietibits, Guest Relations Manager at Tibits, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Looking forward to having you back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came to Tibits for an early dinner and rest from all the walking around London. Atmosphere is lovely, seating area is comfortable, stylish and I can imagine, quite cozy on a rainy, gray day, under the glass garden.
There's a wide choice of dishes - salads, legumes, stews, sauces, bits of this and that, even noodles and vegan pudding! Also I think I saw oat/ granola bowls & fresh fruit, so it would be a good place for breakfast and brunch.
We had a little bit of everything, barely leaving any place for dessert, also I want to mention that water is free, which I find refreshing (pun intended) as so many places charge you for this
I would definitely reccomend! Just keep in mind that on weekends /evenings you might need to book a table, and toilets are not disable accessible.

1  Thank lonelyghost

Thanks for the great review!

We offer Bircher Muesli, yogurts and fruit creams along with as much seasonal fruit as we can on our food boat, so there's plenty of options for each guest at any visit. Our Heddon Street branch is open from 11:30am everyday, and if you're ever near our Bankside branch (open from 7:30am on weekdays) we have an even bigger range of hot and cold breakfast items there too!

Water is indeed free, and we'd recommend trying some of our freshly squeezed juices for that extra thirst quencher. We take bookings for four or more, groups of less can usually find great seating with us even during busy times, and we also have a lift to access the downstairs bathrooms - just ask one of the team to show it to you.

We look forward to having you back soon!

p.s. don't forget to save room for dessert ;)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have read the reviews and thought to give it a try this weekend .
Rather pricey for what you get as it the food is weight with the plates. Is one of those places you try once and that's it.

1  Thank Casalamare8100

Thanks for taking the time to review Susan, we appreciate your feedback, although we're sad to hear you won't be returning based on the price.

The most important thing we try to share with our guests is the freedom to create your own plate, determining the weight and therefore the price of their meal which is something uniquely different to most other restaurants.

We believe hugely in our creative menu, and place a lot of value in the quality, seasonality and freshness of the ingredients that create each and every dish so feel like this is where the price point is set from. After all, we just want to give our guests the most nourishing experience we can!

We hope you'll return, and we look forward to welcoming you back if you do!