“This place has gotten way worse...”
Review of Tibits

Tibits
Ranked #1,069 of 28,121 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I've been coming to eat at Tibits for years (since 2011) and after about 2 years gap (last time in 2017) I was there yesterday. With my greatest disappointment I noticed that the quality, variety and quantity of the food has gone substantially down...They used to have all sorts of tempuras/deep fried/stir fried veggies (at least 8/9 different dishes). Yesterday night only 1 tempura and most of it was an overcooked pasta salad.
Most dishes were cold and very low quality. Also the refill rate was too slow as most trays were semi-empty. The fact that it was 9pm does not justify all of this. You would expect way better from what used to be a staple place for vegetarian people.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Gabriele L
Maddietibits, Guest Relations Manager at Tibits, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Gabriele,

Firstly thank you for spending the time to write this review. We take all feedback, the good and the bad, to heart and we know it's never enjoyable to write a review such as the above.

As you may well know from your history with us, we change our menu four times a year to suit the seasons. In the lead up to this, we host our hugely popular 'Chefs Day' in preparation for each menu change - wherein we invite friends and family of tibits to join us in trying, rating and giving suggestions for each dish on the menu. (I'd be more than happy to invite you to our August event, just drop an email to info@tibits.co.uk).

Following on from the above, and as we are in the height of Summer at the moment; we find most of our guests appreciate the cooler and lighter dishes, hence why you may have found less fried/tempura dishes on the boat on your most recent visit.

I have made a note to chat to the kitchen about refilling dishes, it may have been that they were beginning to condense the boat in line with our food waste initiative, (our 25% pledge) that is ongoing at the moment. However I will endeavor to check in with the team and explore ways in which we can ensure we meet both the guest ideals and the pledge equally for future visits.

Again, please feel free to drop me an email if you'd like to join and contribute to our next Chefs Day in August, we'd love to have your input especially given your long relationship with tibits; and of course, if you would like to discuss the above further then please drop me a line also,

Warmest regards,
Maddie Blake

Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

it is all about how it looks rather than what it actually is.
buffets always run the risk of hygiene issues and I personally am not a fan of buffet style restaurants. food is nothing special. I prefer the Krishna restaurant for food in London.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank DH v

Hi there,

We're really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us on this occasion. In terms of the buffet style way of serving, we take every precaution in ensuring the food we serve is at the highest quality throughout your visit.

All our dishes are created fresh throughout the day, with seasonal ingredients. We also maintain regular temperature checks on the food boat, for both the hot and cold dishes. In the highly unlikely event that any dish that is below or above the required standard, it is immediately removed from the boat. Alongside this, we also condense the boat during quieter periods to prevent food waste, in like with our current 25% pledge.

We hope you'll visit again, as we often change our menu selection you may be able to find some dishes that inspire you more than your last visit.

Warmest regards,
Maddie Blake

Reviewed June 5, 2019

went again last week, my 4th time in the last year. Great food, great venue, and great value. I note some reviewers mention its pricey which is far from the case! For central London its outstanding value - and I'm a Londoner.
I want to keep this place a secret as Heddon Street is mainly missed by tourists and not overcrowded. I'd feel mean not to share it more widely however, especially for non meat eaters. I enjoy the food here far more than some expensive places I have eaten in London.

Date of visit: May 2019

Hi Bernadette,

Thank you so much for your lovely words!!

It's so great to hear your quickly becoming one of our regulars, do make sure to say hello on your next visit, it would be great to put a face to a name!

You'll have to take a trip across to our Bankside restaurant at some point too, they'd love to have you.

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed June 3, 2019

Firs time ever to a vegan / vegetarian restaurant and I can say I really enjoy very tasty and also intrested combination hat not ven though

Date of visit: May 2019
Maddietibits, Guest Relations Manager at Tibits, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Thanks @infofer04, we're happy to hear we are your first vegan/vegetarian restaurant and even happier to hear that you enjoyed it as an experience so much! Looking forward to welcoming you back :)

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

We visited Tibits for the first time and my partner and I were both so impressed with the quality and the flavours of food. Excellent variety and we were welcomed by a really friendly member of staff who explained the process of choosing and paying for your meals. I will go back everytime I am in London now, my new favourite restaurant. So so tasty. Highly recommend to all my fellow vegetarians. Prepare to spend quite a bit of money, it is pricey once the plate is weighed but worth it in my opinion.

Date of visit: June 2019

Hi there,

Thanks for your lovely feedback! I'll be sure to pass on to the team so they can hear how they're doing.

Looking forward to welcoming you (and some fellow veggie friends) back!